• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid reboots when not being used

Chris M

Lurker
Dec 22, 2009
I had rooted my Droid with the old Sholes Mod. My youtube and camera when used caused my phone to reboot. I decided having my phone rooted just wasnt worth it to me and went back to stock. I went back to 2.0.1 through the return to stock feature and everything was working perfectly. I manually updated to 2.1 and now I am having tons of problems.

WHen my phone is on a charger it works fine. When I take it off, if I do not use it for 20-30 seconds it reboots. If I am using the phone to surf the internet or use apps it works great but when I stop it reboots. It also reboots when I am on a phone call.

Any advice? I uninstalled all my root mods I had before. I have cut off my task killer (using Advanced Task Manger) and turned off Virus protection (lookout beta). I have uninstalled neither of these programs.

Any advice would be much appreciated as basicallly my phone is on a perpetual reboot cycle when its not being used or charged.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones