Droid recognized wife's voice - has anyone else seen this?

Last Updated:

1. cybricon

cybricon New Member

People don't believe me when I tell them this story, but maybe they should not underestimate the capabilities of the Droid. I'm looking for anyone else who has witnessed this remarkable capability.

I was showing my wife, Faith, the voice input capability while sending a text message, then I had her speak into it. She said something into text message entry field, and the Droid typed:

"I know you are Faith"

I thought, "whaaaat?!?!". How did it know her voice? She did not say anything remotely close to those words. I decided that it must have learned her voice through our phone calls and associated it with her name in my contacts. I know for some of you this will sound just too amazing, but I'm not making this up. It doesn't always do it, and for my wife, once it did it once, after that it just typed exactly what she said. I think it's a cool little feature, kind of a joke, maybe, to just show off that the Droid can tell someone other than the owner of the phone is speaking into it.

Like I said, it doesn't always do it and hasn't worked for friends of mine who have tried it. Maybe it needs to learn the voice over many phone calls. Maybe some people's voices are not as easily learned so it can't distinguish them enough to do this little trick. But I know what I saw. So I encourage you to try it and get back to me on whether it worked for you or not. Obviously it has to be someone you've talked to, and who is in your contacts.

Advertisement
  2. krazykrivda

krazykrivda Well-Known Member

I call BS
  3. cybricon

cybricon New Member

Not BS'ing, but go ahead and call, it won't answer.
  4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool: