Droid refurbs are horrible!!!

Last Updated:

1. thebarbrr

thebarbrr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i got my refurbished droid today to find out that is is totally different than my messed up droid..

This one has purplish LEDs at the bottom and the haptic feedback is horrible..the whole phone sounds loose when it vibrates on touch...my old phone was perfect..why does motorola have the worst quality control in the world?

Advertisement
  2. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

How did you get the refurb? Is it an insurance phone?

3. thebarbrr

thebarbrr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

it was a replacement phone from verizon and i have to send my old one back

4. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

You can always refuse the refurb, and they'll send you another one. That's what I did. 3rd time was a charm for me.

5. Kp1387

Kp1387 Active Member

I concur with the OP. I have had 4 refurb droids and all of them have had problems ranging from over heating to loose screens and loose headset jacks.

6. bowerman

bowerman Guest

Its not just Droids. I had 7 replacement blackberry storm 2's. All of them had problems right out of the box, including bad headphone jack, no wifi, loose screen etc. Its verizon that has terrible quality control. Thankfully my Droid is still working.

7. xjestersdeadx

xjestersdeadx Well-Known Member

Yep. They are supposed to "inspect" the phones and "certify" them as "like new." It's obvious that some bozo turns the phone on, and goes, "Ok it works." There's no testing at all. I got a refurb under warranty this week and the entire slider was CROOKED. When I tried to pull out the keyboard, it literally was crooked- would not open all the way. How in the hell did this get "certified". So VZW sent me another one and it seems to be ok.

8. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

I finally gave up after 4 in a row...just kept the old one and LUCKILY my issue hasn't happened for awhile...

Good luck...I complained enough to get an early upgrade ( not that i have the money though lol)

9. jazz_nh

jazz_nh New Member

How can I tell if a replacement is a refurb or actually new ?

After 1 week with my Droid X, I noticed there is a dead pixel. VZW send me a new device, told me it would be new and not certified like new.... the new device arrived yesterday and it came in the small white box.... only the device.... not battery, no battery cover... just like the refurbs come in as. On the box, the FRU ends with digits 810.
    Since the DX is such a new device, and I only had mine for 1 week, I am pretty po'd to get a certified like new. Is there a way I can tell if it is Certified Like new or actually new.

10. rocket97

rocket97 Active Member

I thought within the first 30 days of having a phone if there is an issue they are supposed to give you a new phone no matter what.

11. asilver

asilver Well-Known Member

i'm on my 4th droid....the menu button didn't light up right out of the box (refurb) so supposedly tomorrow I'll find out if I get a brand new droid 2 as a replacement for customer satisfaction type deally. Was told that after 4 phones they can give you some sort of either upgrade or actual in store swap and since the droid is no more perhaps that's what might get me a droid 2.....shall see tomorrow.