• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Ringtone Problems!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums, and I had a few questions to ask you all. I've had the Droid since December of last year, and I've always kind of had these problems with it; they involve the notifications.

Okay, so I programmed (in the "Settings") to have a custom ringtone (the Kimmunicator ringtone for Kim Possible) for notifications. However, it only vibrates when I get a text message. Also, the sounds only happens at random times, when I have NO notifications. It really bothers me. I want my Droid to give off the notification ringtone only when I have notifications, not when I don't have them...

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Please and thank you! :eek:

Notifications are handled separately from phone ringtones- you'll have to use a messaging app to set the notification for SMS within the SMS app itself.

Since I am on FroYo I cannot say for certain if previous ROMs' default SMS app allows for setting the ringtone for incoming SMS - I am pretty positive that 2.1 does, dunno about 2.0.x ROMs.

HTH

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones