• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root droid roms?

Where are you in the process? You're rooted right? What recovery are you using? I recommend using Clockwork Recovery. Download ROM manager from the market (free version works...paid version is much more robust and offers additional ROMs/Kernels for download.

Make sure you wipe data/cache before loading any new ROM. You will have problems if you don't but you will lose your data. You can always get Titanium Backup from the market (really useful app).

Upvote 0
so do i just put the zip file on the rom manager???

Sorry...had to get a couple of hours of sleep. You put the zip file on the root of your sd card. If you are using SPRecovery, you HAVE TO rename the file to update.zip. If you are using Clockwork, you don't have to rename the file.

In SPRecovery, you have to click on "allow update.zip" (or something like that...it's been awhile), then you have to install update.zip. In Clockwork, you just have to choose the option to "install .zip from sd card" and then choose the ROM you want to load.

Upvote 0
Sorry...had to get a couple of hours of sleep. You put the zip file on the root of your sd card. If you are using SPRecovery, you HAVE TO rename the file to update.zip. If you are using Clockwork, you don't have to rename the file.

In SPRecovery, you have to click on "allow update.zip" (or something like that...it's been awhile), then you have to install update.zip. In Clockwork, you just have to choose the option to "install .zip from sd card" and then choose the ROM you want to load.

i am really lost cuz i cant find the root folder and clockwork doesnt work on my phone. any other help??

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones