droid rooted. now what?

Last Updated:

1. th3dude19

th3dude19 Member This Topic's Starter

So I've rooted my droid with the sholes.info market app, which I highly recommend by the way. So I ask you, what kind of cool stuff should I do now?

Advertisement
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Now you dance a little jig and run in a circle while rubbing you belly and patting your head at the same time.

3. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

hahahah, good responce.. :D

4. th3dude19

Thanks for the help :(

5. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

heh sorry -- just having some fun with ya. The first things I would do after rooting would be to overclock and grab bugless beauty (with 2.0.1 and 2.1 gallery/music app), which seems a popular rom around here. I'm holding off on my rooting shenanigans for the time being due to needing my phone and don't want to take risks at the moment. But I plan to root before month's end and that's what I plan to do when I'm rooted.

Also plan on grabbing the Nexus One multitouch browser and maps apps. There's a neat firewall app too called DroidWall or something that i'd love to put on. As well as an app to get the Soft keys to dim at night.

That should get you started I think :)

6. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Wait so this root is like "one-click"? was it like super easy? please tell!! I've never heard about this now!

7. th3dude19

Yep, search the market for 'Sholes.info'. It's a $5 app that handles the entire root/backup process for you and installed the 'Sholes.info 1.2' ROM.

Worked great for me.

8. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

hmm... I'll definitely have to consider it! wow! that is really cool!

9. Cbrown

Cbrown Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat. If I installed this would I be able delete it if i (for whatever reason) did not like it?
    I dont know much about rooting

10. VeryApe

VeryApe Well-Known Member

Overclock that summbitch

11. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

I took the plunge this morning with the sholes app and with a few hiccups all is now well. I seems like everything needed to settle in and after a few restarts and some tense moments all is now running great. The new gallery is awesome and Google Maps also has multitouch! Tonight I will overclock.

12. jacs813

jacs813 Active Member

Go get the bugless beast ROM and be amazed.

13. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member

this is why you should good obtaining root, and read how to root your phone, and how to unroot your phone. rooting your phone is awesome (i recommend bugless beast 7.4 at 950mhz OC, but i'm not responsible for anything if you do it, lol) but please read how to change back if you have to, for any reason go to VZW and change your phone out....i have to replace my droid for a loose headphone jack, so i have to unroot, change it out, then re-root it, which I now know how to do since i followed the EXTREMELY EASY instructions at root your droid website...the website also explains how to use the recovery console to perform other things like pushing files (so you can add a custom boot animation, etc). I love the idea of a 1 click root solution, but it can sometimes do more harm than good to the average user. I tend to believe if you went ahead and got the Droid, you're not an AVERAGE user anyway, lol...

does anyone know if this gives you an option somehow to unroot? and i know it does a backup for you, but does it install an optional recovery console? if not, you need to learn how to do that, which is on that root site, which walks you through how to root...SO...see what I'm getting at? lol.

14. Sturge[Droid]

Sturge[Droid] Well-Known Member

this is prolly stupid...where do u get bugless best and how do you overclock?

15. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Is this really another one of these threads.
    I will say it:
    SEARCH please, there is plenty of info.

16. jestexman

jestexman Well-Known Member