Droid rooting question.

Last Updated:

1. specialk29

specialk29 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so Im thinking about rooting my Android phone and I'm not sure If it will void my warranty with Verizon. Anyone out there know for sure ? Also I have looked all over online and not been able to find a good set of reliable Instructions on how to do so. Everything I found was about how to install froyo. I already have android 2.2 so I dont need to do that I just want to get root access to my phone. It's an HTC incredible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

1. Yes it voids the warranty though sometimes reverseable.
    2. You obviously haven't looked all over...in fact likely didn't even take two seconds to look or you've have found the root forum which contains all the required information. Also a great place to post a question about rooting
    3. HTC Incredible is not a "Droid"(as you titled the thread)It's an Android phone. "Droid" is a phone from Motorola.

3. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

4. kwiknikk

kwiknikk Member

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...selectedPhoneId=5269&capId=142&phoneTopRated=

Well the full name is "Droid Incredible by HTC" So I can see where he thought it was a "Droid" Apparently I'm out of the loop too. Only motorola makes real Droid phones? Rest just are considered android phones because they run on the android market? Serious question not being sarcastic, thanks.

5. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Droid is a name that Verizon Wireless (not Motorola) is "renting" from Lucas Film. Therefore ANY android phone that is on the Verizon network can be a droid. Verizon chooses which phones get the title and the HTC Incredible IS one of them.

Nonetheless, calling all Android Phones a Droid is inaccurate and even though Verizon allows it for the HTC Incredible, Droid does typically only refer to the actual Droid line created by Motorola (Droid, Droid X, Droid 2).

6. ScorpDX

I read it to mean "Droid". That's by Motorola. The "Droid Increbile" is another phone by HTC.

We non "Droid" owners hear our phone referred to as "Droids" all the time because of the relation to Android and the users not knowing the difference.

7. kwiknikk

kwiknikk Member

Okay I think I get it, but it doesn't really matter overall just a name right? The big differences are who makes them? Because I really like my incredible over my droid 1, from the looks of the UI and whatnot.

8. ScorpDX

The name matters when the post originally was in the lounge(since been moved I see). I clicked on it expecting one phone and got another...

9. specialk29

specialk29 Member This Topic's Starter

Look all I asked for was some resource info not some pricked with an attitude starting a flame war. As to your statement about Droid or not droid my phone is called a Droid sorry you thought it was something else. And as far as the other guy who said I should post In the hr. incredible forum or look around I would If this forum had some kind of layout that was sectioned off. Maybe Its because Im surfing this site from my Droid bit I didnt see anything other than lounge computers and it classifieds and some other random section. And In fact I did scour the internet for quite sometime looking for simple rooting instructions only to get links to other sites that didn't offer anything worth while. So next time before you assume something get your facts straight !!!!

10. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

Everyone breathe deep, semantics. We have a noob coming for help. If you can't be helpful, walk away. SpecialK29, there is some helpful information posted above, especially by Musky. Rooting your DROID Incredible by HTC (to be official ;) ) is a really painless process. I had no idea until last night when I rooted my dad's Droid X how easy we actually have it with Unrevoked One Click.

It's pretty much download the file to your computer, plug your phone in, let the drivers load, then click ROOT, in about 5 minutes (or less in most cases) your phone is rooted. Good luck, if you need anything, just ask. Most of the time, the natives aren't this restless here. :D

Once again, this link ---> http://androidforums.com/incredible...ked-3-rooting-stock-incredible-evo-2-2-a.html is your friend.

dscribe likes this.