Droid Running 2.2 BB Blank Screen Randomly

Last Updated:

1. justchilln

justchilln Active Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 6, 2009
    Ok so been rooted for quite some time now, got my droid out of my pocket and its just a blank screen. Tried multiple battery pulls, memory card pulls, boots into recovery, nothing will get it to reboot again..... its essentially bricked..

I wasn't flashing anything battery was just charged, everythign was fine, 800mhz kernel....

Now my question is can I return this phone to the Verizon store and still be under warranty, I've had the phone the day it came out with no problems...

Whats my next move???:confused::confused:

edit update - I think the screen just went out, I can still move the buttons on the screen even when they don't show, and I can also lock the phone with the lock button... Still will I be okay returning this on warranty with the screen out and rooted??

2. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Well if the screen went out, you MAY be in luck because they can't see you have root or 2.2 lol.

BTW, this belongs in "All things root" section
  3. FlipDroid

FlipDroid Active Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I literally have the same problem Droid 2.2 rooted and a completely blank screen that still responds to touches...

Did you attempt the return to Verizon, if so did they replace your Droid with no hassle?
  4. ShuttleXpC

ShuttleXpC Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I know for a fact that ChompSMS their popup causes the screen to go black if the lockscreen is up and the popup attempts to come up. There is no rhythm or reason to it, it will just randomly cause the screen to go black if the popup tries to come up and something bugs out on it. It never happened when I had Hancent installed, and after removing ChmpSMS, it stopped doing it. Unfortunately I really liked ChompSMS, so I have to deal with it until they fix it.

FYI, the only way I could get rid of the black screen was to hold down the power button like I was going to shut the phone off, and then it would remove the status notification and allow me to see the screen again.
  5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Oct 28, 2009
    I think your issue and their issue is a little different - because of