Droid screen dead!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This morning I was using my phone without any problems.
    I received a call and waited and waited for the screen to come on so I can see who was calling. It never did. :(
    I have figured out that every phone feature seems to be working fine. Except for the dead screen.
    I have received calls, and can answer them by swyping across the screen. Also, i am receiving text messages and I can lock and unlock the phone, volume works... everything seems to work.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any hope for my screen?

I bought this phone used, so I dont have warranty or insurance.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Droidrage91

Droidrage91 New Member

Today I was walking with my phone in my hand and walked on to a sheet of ice, slipped hit the ground and my phone turned off.
    I powered it back on afterwards and no screen, same way you tell it, everyones home but the lights aren't on.

3. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In my case I went ahead and got me a D2 using my wifes upgrade. Now I'm in trouble since she wants the new Verizon iPhone :(, and we're gonna have to pay full price for it. But i digress...
    a couple of months later I grabbed my d1 because I was going to put it on ebay for parts... and voila! Screen came on! Eerything worked just fine.

I ended up selling it to a friend and it still works to this day.

But I'm positive that the screen was dead for at least a week before I got my D2.
    So maybe keep trying? Hopefully she lights back up like mine did.