Droid screen issue

Last Updated:

1. colin83

colin83 New Member This Topic's Starter

I got my droid this morning from ups. I noticed at the very bottom of the screen the backlighting used to light up the bottom four buttons leaks through onto my screen. Anyone else having this issue? It is really annoying to look at. It almost looks like the screen cuts off early because of the white light leaking up.

Advertisement
  2. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

2 options take it apart and send me what it looks like and I'll help you with finding parts and fixing it yourself or, Just return you have should have a warranty so just bring it in.

3. blognog

blognog Member

mine barely leaks, but i have to tilt the phone, up and look down from the top to really see it. I didn't notice it till just now when I checked. I'm assuming yours sounds a little different. When you are looking straight on at the device do you still see leaking light?

4. colin83

looking straight on i can see it but it isnt that bad. when im looking down at an angle i see it a lot. i guess im just annoyed that it does it at all. the backlighting for those buttons has no impact on the actual screen. i dont understand why they didnt totally block it out so there is no leakage.

5. Kev50027

Kev50027 Member

I noticed this early on with the Droid, but it's so minor and uninportant that it doesn't really bug me. Motorola should have seperated the two parts of the front better, but it's a very minor quibble with the phone, akin to the "standby/off" button being small and hard to reach.

I think you will probably get used to it and eventually not even think of it.

6. colin83

ya i think ill def get used to it. im not trying to be super critical of the phone or anything. i absolutely love the phone and the android os.

7. Amaroth

Amaroth Well-Known Member

well i hadn't even noticed it until you mentioned it. thanks A LOT!

haha no i'm kidding it doesn't bother me at all. what bothers me is the fear of the screen getting loose over time from all the sliding...