Droid screen question

Last Updated:

1. th3dude19

th3dude19 Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed that there is a little bit of give in the hinge of my phone.

When the phone is closed, and I press on the screen, there is some give between the screen and the keyboard below. Is this normal? Suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. dwaner

dwaner Member

Yes I was noticing the give also. Mine makes a slight creeking noice sometimes as I touch the screen. Going to stop by the VZW store today and see if anyone else has had this concern.

3. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member

wow i thought it was just mine.

4. th3dude19

th3dude19 Member This Topic's Starter

Interesting. I thought I was the only one. I also noticed that the display unit in the store had this (although it probably gets abused).

Anyone else care to share?

5. Zepheyr

Zepheyr New Member

I was worried about this too. My girlfriend and I switched over from AT&T and got two Droids, and BOTH our phones are experiencing that little annoying give when we touch the screen. It makes the phone feel really cheap.

6. Cruzatte

Cruzatte Well-Known Member

I don't have a give problem, though if I look at just the right angle I can see clean through between the screen and keypad--which I think is normal.

I suspect we'll all have little peccadillos like this before too long (my battery door doesn't sit exactly flush with the back of the phone... tr

7. melmigs

melmigs Well-Known Member

Same thing here. Kind of annoying :(

8. droidism

droidism Well-Known Member

Same here!

9. fumoh

fumoh Member

Happens to me too. It's the worst at the upper left corner of the phone. My coworker's Droid has the same bit of give, but in the lower right.

I guess that's just how it goes. Annoying, but I'll get over it ;) I just don't press as hard anymore.

10. Bond J

Bond J Active Member

I noticed this on my phone too! I was worried for a while. Also I see light leaking from the bottom four soft keys when looked at an angle!

11. Bond J

Bond J Active Member

BUMP...anyone else?

12. dispatch1054

dispatch1054 Member

Mine has the same give mostly in the upper right, and lower left corners. You have to press the phone pretty hard though. It's slightly annoying, but it looks to be pretty common so I'm not too worried :)

13. thaJack

thaJack Well-Known Member

If holding the phone in portrait mode, I had a lot of give at the bottom-left side. I exchanged it and the replacement has some, but not nearly as much.

If you hold it to the side, you can see all the way through there. I don't see how that would be avoided, though, because you do have to have some hardware in there that allows it to slide open and closed, right?

14. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Mine doesn't do it, but my G1 use to have the most annoying creeking noise when you pressed the screen to hard, luckily it's a capacitive screen so you don't need to use much pressure at all.

15. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member

mine has this and i went to verizon to get it replaced yesterday and they wouldnt replace it. they said they are all like that.ive had it a week. i also have insurance but dont wanna make a claim for this, its not that big of a deal. i just hate it when im talking on it and it makes small creeks against my ear.

16. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

Mine has the problem as well. Very noticeble when I hit the back button. I say problem because my wife's does not do it. I tried comparing the two last night but it would require taking the phone apart to get to the right piece.

17. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

What did you guys expect? The screen is mounted on rails, it has to have a little give, or it wouldn't slide. If you want a screen that doesn't move when you push it, don't buy a slider style phone.