Droid screen won't turn on need helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. FlipDroid

FlipDroid Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just as the title states my Droid screen will not turn on, even when I pull the battery or try a hard reset. I know the phone is turning on because the touch buttons lite up and the screen responds to touch when i try to unlock it. I know the phone part of it isn't working, I don't receive calls or notifications. I can't seem to find any solution or anyone else with a similar problem online so I thought I would write out my case and see if anyone can help me specifically.

I believe the phone is still under warranty so I imagine I could just take it in to Verizon and exchange it. The only problem with that is is the fact that its rooted, and I'm under the impression that the warranty is voided if its rooted. Has anyone tried to return a rooted phone and gotten it replaced? Is there a way to unroot the phone without knowing whats going on?

Thanks for looking and any time invested into helping me.

Advertisement
  2. kymhayde2000

kymhayde2000 New Member

I have had this issue now THREE times. The first two times were under Warranty and they replaced my DROID. I just went back to Verizon for the THIRD time and was told that the Warranty was up and I would have to buy a new one. COME ON!! This is ridiculous. It's the most expensive piece of crap I've ever bought and the company won't even stand behind it. I guess I'm responsible because Motorolla keeps sending me a defected product. Did you ever find a solution?