Droid SD Card HelpSupport

Last Updated:

1. Echoz Disciple

Echoz Disciple New Member This Topic's Starter

Well the problem is I have the pre-installed SD card and for some reason, it is now saying that "the SD card is unmounted or removed" but its not. When I go into settings I have the option to Unmount it, so why is it saying that. If I restart the phone, the SD card works for about 2 minutes then tells me that its Unmounted again, which it is not. when I try to take a picture the phone tells me this AGAIN!:mad:

I cannot save any files, access music, pictures, or video. I can access the files when it is plugged into the computer, but when i try to add something to the SD card from the computer, it doesnt go on the phone.
    Is my Card corrupt? Do I format it? Help?

If this helps, this didnt happened until i upgraded my Droid to Froyo.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Call Verizon customer service and ask to speak to tech support. Call them at 800 922 0204 and tell them that the problem happened when you upgraded to 2.2. Hopefully, they'll send you another phone or can fix it over the phone. I'm going to move this to the droid section. Maybe they can be of more assistance.

Steven

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

One of the things I recently saw suggested was to get a can of compressed air, power down hte phone, remove the battery, remove the SDCard, and then blow out ht slot with the compressed air (note: the slot isn't very 'aerated' so blow into it lightly, hoping that any dust / obstruction will blow out. You might try blowing lightly into it using one side of the slot, hoping that the discharge of air circulates through the slot and forces any debris out the other 'side' (aka along the other wall).

Also, check to make sure there is not obstruction on the SDCard itself - such as lint - causing it to get disconnected.

If this doesn't help, your nest step might be to evaluate the SDCard in an SDCard reader - if it works perfectly fine, then it might be time to replace your DROID.