Droid Sleep button not working anymoreSupport

Last Updated:

1. droid44

droid44 New Member This Topic's Starter

A couple days ago my "sleep" button on my motorola droid stopped working. I used to be able to press the power button and the phone would go into sleep mode, but now I have to just let it sit until the sleep timer (currently set at 1 minute) automatically puts it to sleep. Any ideas how to get this functionality back? Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. pete_dunham

pete_dunham New Member

My droid started to do the same thing today. No particular reason. Is this a hardware issue?

3. mbeau88

mbeau88 New Member

I'm not sure what caused it.. I've had my droid rooted for 3 months and the processor overclocked to 80mhz but it hadn't had a problem till last night when I tried to put it to sleep..nothing.. then it started tweaking a bit and asking m if I wanted to shut it down after only pressing it for a split second. ... I'm not sure if it's software or hardware... but I think it's software. .. I'll wipe everything and see if that fixes it.

4. anderkoo

anderkoo Member

Hey everyone, have you had this problem with turning the unit back on?

The power button on my Droid has been exhibiting similar problems both with sleep but also with turning on in the first place - I've taken to sliding the keyboard open to turn it on reliably. If I press the power too aggressively, I get the result you describe (menu for airplane mode, power off, etc).