Droid slide out qwerty. Opinions

1. iFrostyy

iFrostyy Well-Known Member

At first I was a little dissapointed with the slide out qwerty the droid provides, but after a bit of use I have become quite fond of it

I guess you could say it grows on you :)

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I'm much faster on the virtual keyboard than I used to be, but I still find myself using the slide-out a lot. I can't get away from having tactile feedback, and it does grow on you. I can type just as fast on it as I did on my BB.
  3. smacinskyjr

smacinskyjr Well-Known Member

It is a far better slide out than the Iphone has!!
  4. iFrostyy

Droids does...iPhone killing
  5. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

For some reason I hate the tactile feed back. I had it turned off since day one and periodically turned it on just to try it out but never liked it.

Did the tactile feedback kinda grow on you?
  6. iFrostyy

I have yet to try textile feedback yet. I should try it out
  7. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

Is "textile feedback" where beautiful woven silks flow out of your phone as you type?

I think I will stick with tactical feedback
  8. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

9. mr_manny

mr_manny Member

10. iFrostyy

oops, guess thats what i get for Foruming it up on my droid. Lol@autocorrect
  11. navinjohnson

navinjohnson Member

Swype sucks. You can't see the keys without lifting your fingers. Great idea so I thought. It is NOT the future of keyboarding as some on this forum would suggest. I went through the tutorial. I gave it a long practice. I recommend not wasting your time as i did. BOOOOOOO is my rating. To get back on topic, I agree that the droid's slideout keyboard is quite nice after a bit of practice.
  12. droidx

droidx Well-Known Member

For me swype works great its fast you kinda gotta work with it I didn't bother with the tuturial at all it has tips I use it with the pk and fofr me I don't care both get the job done to me I don't know what else to say
  13. dotster77

dotster77 Member

I pretty much never use the slide out keyboard.. except when I needed to get into the menu to apply root.. I've actually considered super glueing the piece of shit shut.. :)
  14. 97'es

97'es Well-Known Member

Haha its true. I've contemplated the same thing. The only thing its good for is opening in my pocket inadvertantly, my fingers are much too big to use it. I only wish the landscape virtual could keep up with me...... they both suck honestly. handcent sucks, better keyboard sucks, even better keyboard sucks. I wish someone would get it together and realize some of us have large hands.
  15. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Hard keyboard is so-so, still oddly positioned
    Very used to portrait keyboard for one handed keying
    Landscape is very quick
    Swype and it's 10mb file blows and so does the autocorrect
    2.1 keyboard's voice type trumps ALL
  16. urboyissues

urboyissues Active Member

I never really liked the keyboard but started using it on certain pages so
    I can scroll up and reply to other post or check emails I'm replying to.
    The voice sucks.. its always off from what I say, its like playing that stupid game
    Telephone. Never gets the right message across. Swype works well for me, nice
    For quick messages
  17. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Voice on 2.1 keyboard is much better.
    Annunciate and speak clearly and naturally.
    It get's sentences 9/10 times even in the car on the dock.
  18. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

Tactile refers to the physical keyboard, haptic is the on-screen. Pretty much the same thing though. Haptic is a tactile feedback technology which takes advantage of a user's sense of touch by applying forces, vibrations, and/or motions upon the user.

I hate the haptic feedback on the on-screen, but I love the clicking sound. Psych!!

I prefer the physical keyboard, but use the on-screen for quick short messages or typing with 1 hand. As I've said like 10 times on this forum already (haha) I've never had a problem liking or getting used to the physical keyboard.
  19. iFrostyy

Personally I feel that the slide out keyboard is greatest when you are using the browser because it puts it into landscape mode and you can quickly reply to messages and such. The on screen keyboards are best for replying to shorter messages. It could be alittle better if the on screen keyboard took advantage of the multi touch the droid comes with. No matter what people say the onscreen keyboard doesn't. Put its multi touch to use.
  20. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

I use it every single time I need to boot into recovery.
  21. raremage

raremage Well-Known Member

I find the physical keyboard to be the worst ever. Whenever I sit down, balance the Droid on my knees, and try to touch type, I make errors galore! This never happens on my iPad!
  22. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna come right out and say it

You're a dumbass.
  23. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

It definitely takes some getting used to but I am now very fast on it, personally. And I think the design was necessary to make it so thin, and is worth it fo sho :)
  24. iFrostyy

+1
  25. DeeMat

DeeMat Active Member

It came with a physical keyboard? ;)

I Swype my way around...