Droid...sometime I just want to throw against a wall

Last Updated:

1. mdevine

mdevine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When the phone just hangs it drives me nuts. seems to happen every time I need to make a call quickly- the dialer just hangs for like 30-60 seconds.

This phone and I really have a love hate relationship.

Not sure how much longer I will have the patience. I am positive I will throw it hard one day and cash in on the insurance.

Needed to get it off my chest. Thanks for the time.

Advertisement
  2. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android OS! Where after several iterations, it's still buggy. Call it the Windows of smartphones. Wait, WinMo is the Windows of smartphones. Eh, same difference!

3. xavious85

xavious85 Well-Known Member

Oh God no! Android is so much more polished than Windows Mobile! Talk about 3 years of hell (2 different phones for me).

4. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Well-Known Member

If your phone is hanging, you must have a bad app. Mine never hangs. The only thing I've downloaded so far that severely slowed down my phone was Dolphin Browser if you have multiple windows open.

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

rdalcanto....dude if that is you in your avatar then it looks like your Droid does some SERIOUS hanging!!!

6. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

must be an app you have installed...mine only seemed to hang when it was in the car cradle....but I removed the magnet now its perfect!

7. ikithme

ikithme Member

Mine never EVER hangs like you are describing.

8. rdalcanto

That IS me! :cool: Winter is killing me, especially since we don't have much snow in Utah this year. Can't wait for spring to get back on the lake to try to go even bigger this year on my gainers!

9. mdevine

mdevine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to identify an app that is messing things up? Sort of like a task manager in windows that shows apps that are not responding. For some reason I want to blame TouchDown- but I cant live without it.

10. rdalcanto

Advanced Task Killer will show you which apps are running. I don't leave ATK open, because I worry that it will mess with apps that need to be open. But it will show you a list, and you can check which apps you want it to force close. I always have it force close itself, plus any third part app I'm not using. I leave all the default apps that came with the phone alone (open). Unlike Windows, having a lot of good apps open doesn't slow the phone down (they aren't really using resources).

11. Kirch21

Kirch21 Well-Known Member

Don't use a taskiller at all. Taskiller made my phone slow down. It messes up how to phone is supposed to work! Like pushing alerts and what not