Droid stand alone wifi hotspot & iPad

Last Updated:

1. dvmweb1984

dvmweb1984 Member This Topic's Starter

I use my Droid to tether for our computer and internet.

:confused: I want to get an iPad and use my Droid as a mobile wifi hotspot. I am upgraded to Froyo. Is this possible without too much fuss? Or is it another Verizon pipe dream?

Advertisement
  2. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

3. dvmweb1984

I tether with PDAnet. So, you can't use the Droid by itself as a Mobile wifi hotspot then?

My understanding is that I'd have to set up a wireless router with my desktop computer, using my tethered Droid, and then connect my iPad via this wifi network?

4. nateo200

nateo200 Well-Known Member

I tether via rooting and using wireless tether. Worth the 2:15 hours I spent trying to do it! I have the iPad as well and I can vouch it's actually pretty fast and I don't feel bad for not getting the iPad 3G. Find a day with lots of time and don't look back that's what I did today and it works great.

5. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

My advice is this. I will send you an .apk (Not Mine) which is one click root. Install ROM Manager and install Clockwork Mod. make a backup just in case. If you don't want to don't install any custom roms, don't. And just download Wireless Tether for Root Users.

6. dvmweb1984

OK.
    Downloaded/installed Easy Root.
    Downloaded/installed Wireless Tether.

When up and running shows phone is "rooted" and the wifi is set on but am not getting it/logging on with laptop or another droid set to scan for network. What next? Seems so close.