Droid storyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. johnny_barnes

johnny_barnes Member This Topic's Starter

A few months ago, I reported my Droid Eris as stolen. I got home one day and couldn't find it. Luckily I had "Lookout" installed but, unluckily for me the person that stole it (or so I thought) probably reset it to factory settings.

Anyways, I really missed the Eris so I bought a certified replacement from Verizon for 170 dollars. After I got the new one it just didn't feel right. I had my previous one customized perfectly (installed 2.1). It also had videos of my son (1 year old) on it.

So, I decided to sell the Eris on and try something different. I played around with the palm pixi for a while and really enjoyed it. So I went ahead and bought a second hand one. It really was a fun experience. Not sure if anybody on this board has played around with the Palm OS, but its pretty nice. I really recommend that you try it out.

Anyways, after I while I realized that the device I really wanted was a Droid Incredible. So I went ahead and bought one from Ebay. Got it activated and finally started using it. I have to say that after all the hype I was a little disappointed.

So thats my current phone....Fast forward 6 months, I live in the SF Bay Area and as I was walking back to my car on Friday last week. I realized that somebody had broken into my car. I was obviously quite upset about this but luckily there was nothing of value in the car to be stolen.

The next day I drove over to a Shell Garage to vacuum up the glass. As I was shuffling the seats around to get at all the glass pieces, guess what dropped out from between the passenger side seat and the center panel?

My Droid Eris with all my customizations and sons videos. Chuffed is not exactly how I felt, but I'm pretty pleased. Now that I have two phones the Incredible and the Eris I'm seriously considering going back to the Eris.

Why would I be so crazy?????

Well, Battery life was better, I've been unimpressed by the camera on the incredible. I prefer the smaller form factor.

Advertisement
  2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I kinda agree, I'm happy Verizon upgraded me free from the Eris to the Incredible, but honestly, I miss the build quality of my Eris, and I'm kinda leaning towards exchanging in the Inc. for the Droid2 before my 30 days runs out, not too mentions I've only had this phone for about 20 days and had it replaced once already because of problems, seems like the Eris2 not so Incredible.

3. klineaj

klineaj Well-Known Member

Well whatever you choose is ok, were just happy you found your first DROID!

4. Whohulkwalk

Whohulkwalk Well-Known Member

glad you found it......a droid eris is still a droid but it is not incredible

5. klineaj

klineaj Well-Known Member

That may be true but its still our little cousin.

6. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

good for a backup.

7. ckali7

ckali7 Well-Known Member

Let me know if u decide to part with one of them. My wife's phone was stolen the other day. Know its a goner cause they had already started making calls and downloading crap by the time we realized it and called vz. Now we are stuck 9 months away from her upgrade date. Wouldn't mind finding her a good deal on a Eris, Inc., or MOTO Droid.

8. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

disappointed with the camera...you crazy bro?!?! lol i love it but whatever makes u happy :)

9. johnny_barnes

johnny_barnes Member This Topic's Starter

PM me with your number, are you in the bay area? I've decided that I'm going to continue using the incredible.

A picture of the phone is attached. Its a phone of destiny and I'm sure it will make your wife happy.

Attached Files:

10. ckali7

ckali7 Well-Known Member

PM Sent

11. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

So, did you figure out why Lookout didn't work?

12. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

I tried the Eris for about 10 days and took it back. I got a Palm Pre Plus and used it for about 3 weeks, then the Incredible came out. I never looked back. The Incredible is HANDS DOWN better than the other two.

I love it!

13. bilbravo

bilbravo Well-Known Member

I re-read your first post and you said that you reported the phone stolen. Doesn't that mean the ESN is tagged as a stolen device? I know with the insurance (Asurion) you can't "unlist" an ESN if you find it later--can you do that with the phone if it was reported stolen by you and had no insurance on it?