Droid stuck on Motorola reboot symbol

Last Updated:

1. CyanideSuicide1

CyanideSuicide1 Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my phone Friday and it is now Tuesday(Got my phone in August). I installed some apps that are rooted only. Tethering, Overclock Widget, Titanium Backup, ROM manager.
    When I tried to install a new ROM I was getting download errors. I saw something about ADW.Launcher so I downloaded that and got a theme for it. Today when I reinstalled the Cyanogen 6.0.0. Stable release and rebooted my phone I would get to the Motorola Symbol. After that I got to my custom boot image(Dancing Droids:D).
    The image got half way doing its animation it restarted from the begging this continued until I took out the battery. Went into recovery mod and the Cyanogen boot image appeared and did the same as my Dancing Droid but completed 1 1/2 circles with the blue flame.
    When I got home I plugged in my phone flashed a 2.2 FRG22D.sbf file. I then used RSD lite and connected my phone. Had some trouble flashing the file but eventually got it. When I went back to the boot loader screen and cleared my cache/data(thought it would help) I restarted my phone. Watched and Motorola symbol appear and posted this 1 hour later. Can someone please tell me what I did wrong or what to do?

Edit: Just turned my phone on while connected, it lights up shows the Motorola symbol for 5 seconds and powers down.

I DO NOT WANT TO BUY A NEW PHONE, PLEASE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS!

Advertisement
  2. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

So are you still rooted or stock now?

you said--When I went back to the boot loader screen and cleared my cache/data?

bootloader and recovery are not the same.

Do you mean the recovery screen? Which recovery (clockwork or sprecovery or stock)

3. CyanideSuicide1

I am not sure but I think I went back to stock. I could not flash the stock or sprecovery so I am still on clockwork.

4. CyanideSuicide1

I was able to flash the Sprecovery. But when I try to reboot it stays at the Motorola symbol.

5. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Well-Known Member

So are you still able to get into recovery mode?

6. WilliamJohnMarch

WilliamJohnMarch Well-Known Member

Mate, you seem to know 3000% more than me about phones, but what i would suggest is next time you have a new phone try not to mess with the factory settings too much and no more overclocking. Send it back to Motorola if its under warrantee, should be

7. CyanideSuicide1

Yes I am able to get into recovery mode but after I flash, hard reset, or reboot it goes back to the M logo.

8. CyanideSuicide1

I know nothing about phones lol. Just read up on some forums and learned words I thought were interesting. I want to try to fix the phone before I attempt to return or see a verizon rep. And overclocking might have done it. though it was set at 650 instead of the default 500. I was fine for 3 days till the Cyanogen mod I mentioned in the OP.

9. WilliamJohnMarch

WilliamJohnMarch Well-Known Member

Either way, i wish you the best of luck.

10. keepervq

keepervq Active Member

Battery might be dead. Charge it with an ac charger for a while then try to boot into recovery and flash a backup.

11. CyanideSuicide1

Alright I plugged the phone in the whole day and when I went to the boot loader it said battery dead. Guess I should have turned the phone off before I left.

12. CyanideSuicide1

I fixed it. Flashed the FRG22D to my droid and it finally worked. Thanks for all your help... I just fixed my phone and saved my parents money and me from a grounding.

13. publicanimal

publicanimal Well-Known Member

Another example of how difficult it is to truly "brick" the droid. :D

From now on, I recommend not making any major changes to your Droid with a battery level below 50%. Flashing ROMs/making backups/etc. can be battery intensive and if you run out of battery without completing a change you're making to your phone, you can run into this type of problem.

Also, always keep a couple nandroid backups and if you're flashing kernels keep a handful of other kernels on your SD card so if one doesn't agree with your Droid and you hit a bootloop, you can quickly flash a different kernel in recovery and solve the problem lickity split.

14. CyanideSuicide1

Right you are there. There is a rare chance that a Android can be bricked. I just wished they made it easier to get the phone back to normal.

I would have had it fixed earlier if my sister just let me use her battery... When I finally took her phone while she was asleep I swapped batteries and it was just my phone that was not charging. After I flashed the recovery my phone started charging again and all is well.:)