1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Droid Swap, In-Store Vs. Calling

1. hooper2

hooper2 Member

My wife's droid's lock button is broken... Just stopped working.

Should I call Verizon to have them send out a replacement or go into a Verizon store? Would going into a store prevent her from getting a refurb? It was purchased in Jan of this year, so it should still be under warranty, right?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Advertisement
  2. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

Are you looking to get a refurb? I would think going to the store will have a tech maybe look over the phone to see if they can fix it first before ordering another phone. If you call, the refurb will be their solution.
  3. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Verizon is about to axe the Droid because the Droid 2 is just around the corner. Chances are you will be getting a refurb no matter what you do.
  4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. The only thing you're guaranteed to prevent is the wait time for shipping.
  5. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

Ahhh yes. The DROID 2. Almost forgot with all the DROID X hype.
  6. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member

i would go to the store and see what they can do
  7. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member

Depending on who's actually replacing it will tell you if you're getting a refurb or not. From my experience, I've never gotten a refurb from an exchange that was the manufacturer's fault. If they no longer make that phone, they give you the closest available new model phone.