Droid Swapped and No Paid Apps restored

Last Updated:

1. mikeruoc

mikeruoc Member This Topic's Starter

So I had to have my Droid replaced today at the Verizon store. I logged into the new one and the apps started to download from Google just as they should. When it finished I noticed that a handful where missing. After looking deeper it was Apps that I paid for. Not free ones. When I go to the App store they are not in my downloads. Then I tried to find them in the store to redownload them and they do not show up in the store!! Has anyone run into this?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

Make sure that the account that was the first account on the old phone (that you purchased the apps with) is the same one when you setup the new phone.

3. mikeruoc

It is I only have one. All my free apps came back just not some of my Pay ones. Weatherbug Elite and Twidroid are the 2 I am really missing.

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

If you have 2.01 on the new Droid it might be (though big coincidence) that the apps you bought don't support 2.01. I "lost" two apps I bought that way...neither would appear on Marketplace after I upgraded, and were removed from my device (no icon/evidence of the apps).

So that's possible for maybe one or two of the apps you're missing, but unlikely to explain all of them...more likely you need to ensure you logged into the Droid using the same primary gmail account, as noted above.

I've exchanged my Droid three times and never had any apps that I'd purchased disappear from my download list...

5. Nepherim

Nepherim Well-Known Member

If you goto the market place they should reflect a paid status. Just manually redownload.

6. Tymanthius

Tymanthius Well-Known Member

A possible solution is to go through your email and forward the reciepts to the proper developers & get them to email you the apk's so you manually install.

Keep us informed of any results?

Thanks!

7. mikeruoc

As I said they dont show up in the store or I would do that.

8. mikeruoc

I had 2.01 on the Droid I swapped and they where on that one. So would guess that they would still work.

9. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Yup...then 2.01 is not the culprit.

10. shaalan

shaalan New Member

This is my second replacement droid and both times, none of my free nor paid apps showed up in marketplace. I was able to redownload rerware's mybackup from it's website the first time. So I carefully backed everything up before the second replacement phone. Sure enough, the marketplace again shows I have NO Downloads. No problem, I was smart this time and used mybackup. Problem is, mybackup won't accept the registration code as I have it registered on "too many devices"!!??

Setting up a replacement droid is a giant hassle no matter how you slice it. I purchased Pure Messenger twice already. Three times seems a bit much for this buggy but useful program. So I contacted the developer and he said: too bad. Not my problem. Contact Google. Seems a little greedy to me... I don't need to face that hassle on my next replacement device.

What's going on with the disappearing downloads on the google marketplace? (Yes, I am using the same account on each phone...)

11. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Mine has always showed up, but I use Titanium Backup anyway just to be safe. Never had a missing app ever (paid or free).

12. Extr3m1st

Extr3m1st Well-Known Member

Did the dev really say "to bad not my problem" ? Now that this message will be seen by a zillion Android fans he may regret that. Thats not how you treat your customers.