Droid Text/Email Signature?

1. lordfeyr

lordfeyr Member

So I have been noticing that the idont and blackberry phones automatically places a "sent from" signature in emails and texts....

I cant find anything like that for the droid though.

Its not really a big deal, but Id love to respond to someones email from an idont with an itdoes :)

Advertisement
  2. quixand

quixand Well-Known Member

It's a feature in Gmail.

Go to the option, use the menu system, and go to settings. Signature is in there.
    montana1 likes this.
  3. knickerbocker

knickerbocker Well-Known Member

But it is not in the other mail app. So if you want a sig in exchange, you are out of luck. I can't believe they missed that.
  4. Coupon

Coupon Member

I was just thinking earlier today that I wouldn't mind a text message signature that says "Driod sent this" in response to the "Sent from my iPhone" ones.
  5. lordfeyr

lordfeyr Member

Thats all I want.

Will changing the signature in gmail distinguish when its being sent from the phone or a computer?
  6. DCLeopard91

DCLeopard91 New Member

Are you using some other email app or just the standard Gmail functionality with the Droid?

If just standard Gmail, it's really easy:
    1. Click on Gmail(which takes you to your Inbox)
    2. Push the Menu button(2nd from the right of the hard buttons at bottom of the phone.)
    3. Select "Settings"
    4. The first option you see is called "Signature". Click it.
    5. Put whatever text you want in there for your sig and click Ok.
    6. Done!

Mine says "DROID sent this."

If you come up with a more clever one, let us know ;)
  7. miller_nick

miller_nick Member

I see where that works from the Gmail app, but it doesn't work from the regular Email app, which allows you to combine inboxes from gmail, other email, and Exchange. Anyone have a fix for this?
  8. virtus

virtus Well-Known Member

9. DCLeopard91

DCLeopard91 New Member

yeah, I'm not using the general email app. Sucks that it doesn't work for that one, they should probably fix it for all the people using the Droid for all serious work email too. I'm currently only using Gmail, so I've had no worries.

Another idea you all might consider(depending on what your employer thinks about it) is to simply forward your other email account to your gmail account so you use only one account for all. If you don't want to mix business and personal, create a second Gmail account JUST for work(I have 2). Then forward. Then at that point you can use the gmail signature until Google makes an update to the main email app :)
  10. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

I'm glad they didn't include this, I don't want to advertise the Droid every time I send a message

The signature in the GMail app is independent of the signature you set in GMail from a PC. You can set them to be the same, or you can set them to be different.

BTW, from my limited experience with it, it seems that the general email app really blows.
  11. andrewdoane

andrewdoane Well-Known Member

I have been happy with the corporate email for the most part but it is ridiculous that it doesn't have a signature option. Since I've only had the phone a day I figured I just hadn't found it yet. Hopefully this is addressed in the OTA next month.
  12. lordfeyr

lordfeyr Member

Thanks. Mine now says Sent by Doid -It Does Everything IT Doesnt-
  13. asilver

asilver Well-Known Member

so I stubmled across this thread looking for a way to combine the inboxes like my blackberry did.

I have 3 gmails 1 hotmail texts and fb.

I'd settle if the gmails could be combined into one inbox with a single icon on the home screen.

What I have found so far is that you can use the regular mail app to combine inboxes but you still can't access the combined inbox from an icon on the desktop, you have to access the email icon then chose combined inbox, which really is not much better then the 3 gmails combined into one icon but seperated into their own inboxes.

So anyone know if it's possible to combine gmail inboxes into one inbox and have direct access to that inbox from the home screen without having to select multiple links....aka email icon, then combined inbox.

thx...sorry for threadjack, this seems like it should be so simple, yet, it's not.
  14. nick321321

nick321321 New Member

anybody know how to get a text message signature
  15. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I know that you can if you use Handcent. I don't know about the stock SMS because I don't use that one.
  16. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

Handcent allows you to create a signature for SMS. Doesn't look like the standard messaging app does.
  17. mgscott

mgscott New Member

I absolutely need the ability to add a signature to my corporate email as our department requires this. I noticed a co-worker has an HTC model running 1.x version of Android that appears to have this option. I wonder why it was removed in 2.x
    I will also look at Touchdown which I saw recommended in another thread.
    Otherwise, Lovin' the Droid, my Crackberry is now collecting dust.
  18. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I understand corporate or business signatures, but I LOATHE txt sigs. m2c
  19. If you want the signature, a message lock pad pictures in the back of your messages you will have to go the the market and download .

chomp sms
  20. bform

bform New Member

I'll have to interject my opinion as well, I absolutely hate animated signatures on the internet. :)
  21. nutcaseman

nutcaseman New Member

I hated that I could not have a automatic email signature in my corporate email. An app called inserty allows an fairly quick email signature (need to do a few things to get it but it works).
  22. Soltor

Soltor New Member

In order to add a signature for text messaging:
    -go to the messaging menu
    -choose Text Message
    -press the menu button on the lower left side of the device
    -choose Message Settings, scroll to the bottom
    -choose Edit Signature, voila....

Unfortunately it appears that you can't add a signature for each email account on the Droid. That leaves those of us that work on the road replying to our customers without a signature, total bummer.
  23. Soltor

Soltor New Member

The ChompSMS is purty cute and flexible for text messaging. For those of us that are semi-blind it allows us to change the size of the fonts and has a lot of other cool stuff. It's also within the budget, free, although the folks that created wouldn't mind a contribution.
  24. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

I see nothing like that on my 2.2 Droid.
  25. nfluggs

nfluggs Member

We downloaded K-9 Mail to use for non gmail accounts and that has a signature that can be customized to say whatever you want it to say. Have had less problems with this email app than the stock one with android. Had problems with the stock app checking and receiving emails but no problems with the K-9 app.