• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid to car stereo via USB

Crazy_J

Feb 2, 2010
southern Nebraska, US
Has anyone else had issues mounting SD card via USB to listen to music on a car stereo? I just installed a Jensen DVD unit that has front and rear USB ports along with auxiliary front and rear. I'm not to sure why someone would need so many ways to hook up a device, but that's not my issue. The issue I have is it seems like my Droid and deck see eachother and both automatically set up to mount the SD card via USB but can not seem to finalize the mount. The deck says disk not ready and my Droid says USB connected. It is the same in froyo and GB roms. I know I could connect via auxiliary but I would like to keep my phone charged while on my way to work, and only connect one wire, if possible.

The deck says disk not ready and my Droid says USB connected.
Have you checked the manual for your head unit? Some have certain requirements that have to be met. Typically, though, those requirements stipulate folder structure and I don't think they would cause what you're experiencing.

I know I could connect via auxiliary but I would like to keep my phone charged while on my way to work, and only connect one wire, if possible.
If you want to listen to anything other than music files you have on your SD card (streaming, etc) you need to connect AUX anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones