Droid UI (new to Android)

Last Updated:

1. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This might belong in the Themes part of the forum, but since it pertains specifically to the Droid figured I'd put it here.

I've been looking to get a smartphone for a bit now and was looking at the iPhone but just can't bring myself to leave verizon. Then I heard about the new line of Droid phones coming out and became rather excited.

One thing I don't quite understand is exactly how does one go about customizing the UI in android. I watched a video of the Sense UI with HTC where the user could move around different things (what buttons showed up where, how big icons were, etc.). Is this standard with android is was that just because UTC created their own specific UI? If the latter is true, and since the Droid seems to be coming with just the standard Android UI, how would I go about customizing the thing?

Advertisement
  2. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

HTC Did in fact create their own UI. Its called Sense. Motorola has Blur, but with how new 2.0 is going to be, I'd find it very difficult for the Droid to have any such customization.

That said, there are a number of ways to add themes.

openHome, aHome, dxTop and Sweeter Homer. Though you will probably need to wait until they update their apps to be compatible with 2.0.