• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid unactivated

You don't need service for root. Wifi will get you the same funtion that a carrier will, only not as mobile. For root, if I remember right you will need a sd card to hold some file that need to be accessible during root. There may be a way to do it with PC and without SD card but it would be loads more complicated then 1 click root.

Upvote 0
I had no idea that in this day and age, people don't know what an SD card is. Here's a picture, to help.

Kingston-4GB-Micro-SD-Card-with-SD-Card-Adapter.jpg

The thing on the left is the adapter (What you keep describing). This makes your microSD card a regular SD card. This will not fit into your phone.

The thing on the right is the microSD card. That is what you put in your phone. It is much smaller than 2.25 x 1.75 inches.

Upvote 0
Ok yea i dont have the smaller one. So what can i do without a SD card for now any downloading at all from the phone with wifi?

You're positive that smaller one isn't inside the bigger one? (it slides into that hole in the bottom).

Without an SD card, I think you might be out of luck. As I recall, the original droid had almost no internal storage space, that's everyone's biggest complaint. Check ebay or newegg or tigerdirect, or even craigslist for a cheap microSD card. I got two 16GB cards for $20, shipped. I've got four 4GB cards just laying around taking up space. If you're in the US, PM me your address, and I'll throw one in an envelope and mail it to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones