Droid users who use QUICKEN on their pc?

1. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

Those who use Quicken on your pc, what are your options on the DROID to keep up to date your checking / savings account? I know there is not quicken app for the droid, so I'm at a loss of what I can use to keep me up to date with my accounts.

Advertisement
  2. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

No quicken users on this forum I guess. :(
  3. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

Last bump
  4. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I still use my pc for that.
  5. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

mint.com baby...
  6. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

Mint.com replaces desktop quicken?
  7. Markomyt1

Markomyt1 Member

I used pocket quicken on my Treo.

Would be nice to have on the Droid
  8. Ralleous

Ralleous New Member

While it would be ideal to have a Quicken app for the Droid (which may still happen), I use "Personal Assistant" by pageonce for now. It keeps track of bank accounts, online store accounts, social networking sites, etc.

Not the prettiest, but rather functional for what institutions are on their list.
  9. galt

galt Well-Known Member

For myself, I would like an app that just let me enter mileage (using GPS) and expenses. I hate getting home and having to deal with receipts. They get put aside too often.
  10. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

Personal Assistant good app then?
  11. Markomyt1

Markomyt1 Member

Sounds like your experience with PA has been good.
    I will do some research and see if I can reach a confort level of having to share my passwords...:cool:
    Thanks,
    -Mark-
  12. personalt

personalt Member

I would love an application where I can enter in my expenses and then import them into quicken. Doesn't need to be fancy.. Company, amount, category and comment.

Is there any application that does that?
  13. Markomyt1

Markomyt1 Member

I have to say, I am liking Personal Assistant.
    Easy quick glance and I don't have to add any transactions.
    I don't think it will catagorize your expenses like Quiken though.
    Still learning...

-Mark-
  14. greg72

greg72 Well-Known Member

There is also Easymoney and Cashew.
  15. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

Those sync with desktop quicken?
  16. greg72

greg72 Well-Known Member

No sync like pocket quicken to quicken but Easymoney allows export to .csv which you can then import to quicken. I just use it to keep info on what I'm spending my money on, (notes, categories, etc.) My bank syncs all my transactions with quicken anyway so no need to go between the phone and quicken. It would be nice to have a two way sync or even for apps to directly access your bank account and update. I'm hoping the mint.com app comes out soon.
  17. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

Thanks. Haven't looked at easy money, as I was not sure if there was a two way sync with quicken. Don't want to have to enter data twice.
  18. strohmoose

strohmoose New Member

I have used quicken for over 20 years and I have used Pocket Quicken on my Sony Clie and then on my Treo's for many years. It really was great for keeping track of travel and business expenses. Now I have a Droid and even though there is no Pocket Quicken for the Droid I have found that I really don't mis it. I card most of my expenses and my bank & credit card sync with Quicken so I don't need to keep track on my phone.

I am hoping that Google will come up with an app that will sync with Quicken and my Google Calendar securely and that will end the search.
  19. brio

brio Member

My understanding is that Intuit, which makes Quicken, recently purchased Mint.com and an android app is in the works.
  20. KevinM

KevinM Member

I just went to the Landware Website to see if they were developing anything for Android and they have a statement that Intuit terminated the relationship with Landware and so the Quicken mobile apps are no more.

Kevin
  21. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

I agree with those that have recommended personal Assistant. It gives me detailed updates on my banking, credit cards, ebay, paypal, even some local utility accounts. It also allows me to view my Netfix queue. It has a functional interface, not interactive, but then again, I don't want to manipulate my accounts from a portable device. All in all, a very useful app.
  22. dbvirago

dbvirago Well-Known Member

Similar history to you. Quicken user since early DOS version and Pocket Quicken since it came out. I used PQ mostly to have info handy. I could look at balances or any transaction anywere. Suppose I could do that from browser but not in one place.

going to get a droid soon. Finally having to let Palm go. Still shocked that with all the 'apps' they have had for over a decade, wi-fi before anyone, first with bluetooth on a pda, first with cell phone integration in a 'smart' device - that Palm doesn't own the world now instead of sinking into oblivion.
  23. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

@ dbvirago,

This post is pretty old. There is a mint.com app for Android now (by Intuit). It's free. Just search "Mint" once you get your phone...
  24. dbvirago

dbvirago Well-Known Member

Thanks. Sorry for dragging up an old thread.
  25. Mormegil

Mormegil Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat. I would expect the Mint app to sync with Quicken OnLine, but I don't think it'll sync with my desktop Quicken.