Droid video skipping?Support

1. bcsilva

bcsilva New Member

Wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue. Sometimes I'll record a video and when I play it back, on the phone or on my PC, it skips for a second. I've tried different length recording times and that doesn't make a difference. I recorded 3 videos, all the same length, and 1 of the 3 paused like that in 2 different spots. The big problem is not just that it skips but that, when it does, it throws the audio off. It's like the video pauses but the audio doesn't so you hear the sound, then see the action (kinda like chinese theatre) :D. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that it's recording the video straight to the SD card? I had a similar problem with my Storm, which is why I wonder. Anyone else have this problem or know what might be causing it? Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. bruceo

bruceo Well-Known Member

i get the same thing periodically
  3. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Bump. I've had this issue since I got my Droid. Since I'll be recording a lot this season, I'd like to fix it now. The camera seems overall broken too because it FCs and locks up my phone after the first pic I take.

I was going to hold out til the LTE phones to upgrade, but this thing is really getting annoying lately in a lot of other areas. Someone help me fix this issue so I can hold out longer.

Mods, please don't move this to the support forum because no one goes there anymore :(.
  4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Are you playing directly from the SD card in all cases? Copy the file to your PC and see if that makes any difference. Troubleshooting is all about testing under various conditions to narrow down the source of the problem.
  5. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

My camera have gotten slow. When Recording video its like it pauses for a second then keeps recording. When I play on phone or PC it has the skips in the same spot
  6. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Yeah, just like the guy above, it's not caused by being played back from the SD card, the phone actually skips while recording. Every video I record has these skips even after uploading them to Youtube, it skips in the same spots which then cause the audio to be out of sync. I'm guessing it's due to the slow write speed to the SD card (don't get all theoretical on me, there's too many variables to other than SD class speed to determine what's the culprit), but then everyone that has a Droid would have this issue. But I do know this is somewhat common because I've seen other threads on this subject too. I'm not sure if they fixed it though. I'm running SS 4.9 with P3Droids LV 1.1 GHz kernel.
  7. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

I just tried tinkering with mine. I went and dug up the oldest camera.apk I can find on my system via d/l ROMS. I reflashed and tried a 58 sec video highest quality. It froze..

I use to get awesome video before 2.2..

T4rd I notice your sigs shows a LV kernal I think I read somewhere that the camera doesn't like the LV. I'm running LFY latest release and am not sure what voltage it has. I have not mess with the kernal changing on this rom but did on others and saw no difference. You may try..