Droid VoIP Incoming Call Question...Support

Last Updated:

1. singularapathy

singularapathy Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, so I am using sipdroid (via sipgate) to do VoIP, at this moment. It's working great for outgoing calls (I'm using the GV application to "call back" my number, and it seems like that's what should be happening for no charge, correct?) but with incoming calls, I'm a little more hesitant in terms of what I'm supposed to do.

I'm using sipgate and forwarding my calls to my phone directly, because OTHERWISE what happens is my sipdroid rings, I answer via sipdroid and I can hear things but the other user cannot. Any idea if this is the correct protocol or if there's something I'm doing wrong? No point in setting up VoIP if this is incorrect.

Advertisement
  2. erikb

erikb New Member

were you able to figure it out?

3. fmguima

fmguima New Member

I have almost same problem with Sipdroid. Even in incoming or outgoing calls, some times I can only hear the other part, some times the other part can only hear me, and other times neither him neither me can hear each other. But, incredible, in few times it works fine.
    I saw a discussion at Fring Forum reporting a problem like this and they fix the problem. Now Sip calls by Fring works fine, incoming and outgoing calls.