droid vrs the incredible?General

Last Updated:

1. n813ca

n813ca Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been told I can get the Motorola Incredible instead if I want it because it hasn

Advertisement
  2. Ladera

Ladera Well-Known Member

Motorola makes the Droid. HTC makes the Incredible. Check the evergreen specs thread to see some of the differences (there are many) between the Incredible and the Droid.

3. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

If you like what you've got then why even think about making a switch? The whole point is to be happy with the phone and if you are happy with the droid then by all means stay with it.

4. g1701gst

g1701gst Well-Known Member

please do a search. i am sure this has been addressed several times before. most popular reason people pick the Droid over th INC is the keyboard.

5. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

I don't think keeping the DROID over the INCREDIBLE is a bad thing. Nothing ground breaking on the Incredible, keeping the DROID until a ground breaking technology gets release is a smart move, which i think is not far off, maybe before Christmas.

Some people just need to have a new toy because of the hype, and then after 3 months it becomes no big deal.

technology is fickle...

6. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

^^ Agreed ^^ If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you like the DROID, stay with with. But, if you want to try the DInc, go for it because I do believe you can return that within 30 days if it's not for you. So take it for a test drive, you can always go back.

7. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

That's a sensible way to look at it, i did the same thing with the Omni a few years ago, took it back the next day, soon after the DARE was release.

8. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member

I have the droid. Great phone. Running at 800mzh and it flies. but the thing is a major brick. I dont use the keyboard, ever, so the thought of getting better performance in a lighter package is appealing.

9. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Two issues that could help you:

1. Droid may have better phone reception than Incredible (I will confirm tomorrow). If you go to a lot of low coverage areas, this could be an issue (if true).

2. If you plan on playing game emulators, the touch screen will not work anywhere as good.

If the reception issue is not a problem and games are a low to no issue for you, the Inc is a no-brainer.

10. Dobieg

Dobieg Well-Known Member

I'm getting better reception with the incredible.

I am very happy with the quick speed and the lighter weight. Never used keyboard on droid. Not so happy with gallery on incredible, but I'm sure there is probably an app for that.

Will take s few days to decide which i stick with.

11. Dobieg

Dobieg Well-Known Member

Duplicate post

12. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member

Many sites have the Droid for 19.99 with 2 year contract right now (Amazon Wireless for instance).

If you decide to stick with the droid, I would return it and save 180 bucks.

13. Dobieg

Dobieg Well-Known Member

I'm getting better reception with the incredible.

I am very happy with the quick speed and the lighter weight. Never used keyboard on droid. Not so happy with gallery on incredible, but I'm sure there is probably an app for that.

Will take s few days to decide which i stick with.