• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid vs Devour?

Well, I would go with the droid. Yes, I own a droid but that's not why. The devour looks like a "sidekick" which for me is a negative but here is the big ?

The devour will come with android 1.6 not 2.0+ which makes me wonder what kind of "old school" processor they are putting in this. I think it will be a "poor man's droid" that they are dressing up with motoblur.

The droid works well, will have more support than the devour (I'm guessing), but I haven't done a lot of research on it.

Upvote 0
I just found this and thought it might help. Just a little more condensed than the info on the Moto site.

_______

The full specs, according to a document received by Android Central:

3.1-inch touchscreen at 320x480.
Dimensions: 4.55x2.4x0.61 inches
Android 1.6 with MOTOBLUR
Weight: 6.35 ounces
Talk time: Up to 340 minutes
Standby time: Up to 440 hours
Horizontal slider keyboard.
3-megapixel camera.
EVDO Rev. A., WiFi b/g, aGPS
Bluetooth with A2DP
8GB MicroSD card, expandable up to 16GB.
Speakerphone.
VCAST music with Rhapsody.

Upvote 0
Looks like a sidekick that drank stupid juice.

I never bought a sidekick but I was with T-Mobile so I read up on a thing or two. You remember how the screen always 'flipped' out on the sidekicks? Most sidekicks were made by Sharp (if memory serves).

T-Mobile released a 'slide' version that was made by Motorola...very similar looking IMO.

Upvote 0
I never bought a sidekick but I was with T-Mobile so I read up on a thing or two. You remember how the screen always 'flipped' out on the sidekicks? Most sidekicks were made by Sharp (if memory serves).

T-Mobile released a 'slide' version that was made by Motorola...very similar looking IMO.

Yeah, that was the model I was referring too.

Upvote 0
Motorola-DEVOUR.jpg

sidekick_slide.jpg

Yeah, that was the model I was referring too.

Judges? Looks like a 'now' and 'then' to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones