Droid VS Droid 2 battery life

Last Updated:

1. FUCCO

FUCCO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone have insight or expierence with the battery life on the Droid 2 compared to the original droid?

Advertisement
  2. DarcMasta

DarcMasta Active Member

They use the same battery, and I can only assume that they either waste the same or more cause of the upped processor, and the motocrap =/. But then again you know what they say about assuming =x

3. Jayse

Jayse Well-Known Member

Supposedly the D2 gets up to 40% better life on the same battery. Don't know how though, but that's what Motorola says.

4. DarcMasta

DarcMasta Active Member

Anything to push the product =), but yeah I assume they designed the phone with 2.2 in mind, and probably made some power consumption changes internally. I would expect it to be roughly about the same though =x

5. JAGI410

JAGI410 Member

I just switched from the Droid 1 to Droid 2 today. I had D2 in hand around 11am. The "out of the box charge" died around 4pm. I played with it a lot in those 5 hours. I fully charged it and have been playing around with it all night. 3 hours since I pulled it off the charger it's at 80%. I would say that yes, it is better than the D1, but not 40% better as advertised. I'll update this post in a couple weeks when the "shiny new toy" syndrome wears off and my phone usage gets back to a normal level ;)

6. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

It takes a week for a new battery to break in. Newer processors often are more power efficient.