Droid vs Eris

Last Updated:

1. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 8, 2009
    So there is a similar thread on the eris section but I wanted to see what people would say that actually chose the droid.

When I walked into the verizon store I was *sure* I wanted the droid. Who wanted inferior hardware?

But when I played with both devices I must say I was very very tempted by the eris. Sense UI looks so much nicer than the standard android 2.0. Its slower speed didn't seem to reflect on how fast it felt and its rumored to be getting the 2.0 update with navigation.

I see advantages to the Droid: Better screen, faster processor, keyboard (not really important to me).

Eris: GREAT UI. bit smaller, more aesthetic. Cheaper. GESTURES! word wrap in browser.

I want to hear your thoughts.

Can we change the droid UI without rooting it? You guys think droid will get gestures? Word wrap? What about the passion wild card?

What about battery life on both of these?

2. philk

philk Member

Nov 7, 2009
    i own the drdroid and love it.but i was in the vzw store today and played with the eris, and i thought it was a sweet phone i like the way it doesnt have a keyboard..but i hate not having a flash on the camera.. i had the htc imagio for a month and like the phone alot but hated the idea of no flash.....it all depends one what you want i guess.
  3. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I had the Touch Pro2 for about 3 weeks and no flash is a killer. It REALLY is. Eris looks great for the price but for twice the price you'll get twice the phone , imo.
  4. tallelf78

tallelf78 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I switched from the Hero (pretty much the same as the Eris) to the Droid and haven't looked back.

The Sense UI was pretty cool but it really wasn't that amazing and it wasn't enough to offset the fact it was laggy and on Sprint.

BLOWNCO Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    when me and the wife switched from at&t friday i got the eris it lasted a night lol the battery didn't last long at all the trackball seemed like a gimmick more than getting any real use so we went back and i got the droid i will say this tho is that i do miss the sense UI it was very nice with all the native widgets it had but the lag of the phone and battery performance made my decision to jump