Droid vs Iphone vs Nexus Speed Test

Last Updated:

1. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Technology is evolving with mind-numbing speed, so a speed test as far as page-loading is getting to be like splitting hairs. It doesn't say a whole lot regarding the OVERALL performance of the phone, nor how the features of a phone mesh with the needs of the owner, but this test was nonetheless, interesting.

Engadget.com is a pretty intensive site and loads on my Droid in about 31 seconds (wifi)... (anyone else wanna try?)

As far as this video's results, it doesn't seem like the Nexus processor has a huge advantage here regarding this particular page-loading test. Comments at Youtube suggest that the test might be skewed (?)

YouTube - Nexus One, iPhone3G and Motorola Droid web browser test

Advertisement
  2. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Well-Known Member

There is something seriously wrong with their testing method or the test itself is rigged.

I followed along with the test in that video with my Droid on my home wifi. My Droid finished loading the site after their 3GS, but much faster than either their Droid or N1.

The test I want to see are separately timed tests on the same wifi network. I suspect either the 3GS or N1 would win with the Droid just a bit behind the winner.

3. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

Just did the test with my DROID. The site took ~38 seconds on 3G(not wifi). In their test, it took 1 minute 22 seconds on wifi. So how exactly is Verizon's 3G network that much faster than their wifi?

yes there something wrong with their test.

4. droidosis

droidosis Well-Known Member

33 seconds to load on wifi uncached
    27 seconds wifi cached

I think you should take into consideration wifi priority too..each phone should be on its own network..or individually timed as sole ip holders..no? Something doesn't seem right. Three phones on same router one is getting a slight priority or maybe a bad router.

Poor testing..

-droidosis-

5. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

You know I never noticed that the iphone only scrolls one screen at a time. No wonder it's silky smooth, you can't scroll very far!

I am quite sure there is a bug though with android that makes pages hang like that mid load, hopefully that will be addressed soon. If not for that weird hangup, they all would have loaded about even.

6. CobaltDragon

CobaltDragon Well-Known Member

Loading a web page is not in any way a good test, unless the page is a local copy - there's just too much variability with connection speeds and the like. Not to mention, I care a lot more about how quickly my apps open and do stuff than whether a web page loads 3 seconds faster or slower than the phone next to me.

7. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member

27 secs for me on wifi @ work

8. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member

It took me 40 seconds on 3G... The test is crap. Plus, the Nexus One phone has 802.11n... How about looking at all the facts and doing a fair test Engadget? You come off as a iPhone shil if you don't.

9. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Excellent!! +1

10. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

That test is BS. I loaded it way faster than they did. Their webpage in general is the website that loads the slowest for me. Most websites over wifi are really quick for me.

11. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

45 seconds here on 3G. Even that seems like a long time compared to other sites I browse.

12. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

engadget.com is a graphics heavy site. it's going to take a while to download everything on the page. it's not mobile friendly.