Droid wallpaper size?

Last Updated:

1. geoffsweb

geoffsweb Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like to make my own wallpaper for my Droid. What size is it looking for? I just want to fill the middle screen, not the screens on both sides too.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

its 960X854...:D

this is the official Droid Wallpapers thread <- click for link

you can also look at my profile...I uploaded some of the wallpapers I made there...

3. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

I don't think that's possible. The Dorid screen is 854 x 480 pixels the wall paper size is 854 x 960 pixels. The view on the home screen wraps to both sides when changing screen left or right. You will see the icons moving faster than the wall paper.

4. geoffsweb

geoffsweb Active Member This Topic's Starter

Gotcha... I'll just use a solid color to fill both sides of the image to make it the correct size. (I think)

5. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. About half of your wallpaper in your home screen will carry over into the other screens. So It would be impossible to have a completely filled home screen wallpaper and black wallpaper on the other screens.

6. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

try go to the app store and download GDE Home and wallswitch apps...GDE Home allows you to have a cube desktop which means you have 6 desktop pages to work from and it manipulates them like a cube...the wallswitch allows you to change the background on every desktop every so many seconds...:D

7. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

They use a photo editor, and going from left to right, have a solid color the left "320 pixels", the middle 320 the photo, and the right 320 again, solid color.