1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Droid & wireless tether won't work anymore

Last Updated:

1. laker_42

laker_42 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have the original Droid. It is rooted with easy root application. I had originially installed 2.2 from a non-ota update site. Rooted my droid and installed wireless tether. It worked great. I then received the OTA update for 2.2 FRG22D. Now wireless tether won't start up.

I also tried using Barnacle Wifi Tether and it is getting a permission issue. It won't prompt me to grant superuser permissions to this app.

So I need help either getting wifi tether working or figuring out how to grant superuser permissions to Barnacle to get that working.

Thanks for the help,
    John

Advertisement
  2. uberdag

uberdag Active Member

Sounds like you lost root and need to redo it

3. laker_42

Not sure. Easy root says I am still rooted. It has the option to redo the root,which I have done, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

4. laker_42

sorry, you may be right after all. Just found this on the easy root app support page:

Ok everyone, by now most everyone knows that with the latest 2.2 updates from Motorola and Verizon, your automated software rooting tools no longer work. Easy Root is of course included in this. The following is what I recommend you do to get your root back.
    Unstable Apps