Droid with XLink or Dock-n-Talk gateway?

Last Updated:

1. morestuff

morestuff Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone tried using the Droid, or any Android based phone, with the Bluetooth enabled XLink or Dock-n-Talk devices that provide a gateway between your cell phone and your old copper wiring based home phones?

Advertisement
  2. matherra

matherra New Member

I use the Droid with X-Link. Works fine, automatically connects when in Bluetooth range.

3. morestuff

morestuff Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your confirmation that this Bluetooth function works properly in the Droid!!

4. LarryK1152

LarryK1152 New Member

I can't get the Nexus One Android OS to work with my Xlink Gateway.

5. eqwalker

eqwalker New Member

I have a dock-n-talk with the blue tooth module and my Droid sync'd up just fine with it. Working great so far.

6. isethruu62

isethruu62 New Member

I just bought the HTC Incredible phone and I cannot get mine to link with my Xlink. When I set it to pair with it, the phone just sits there pairing. I might get a message that there is a problem connecting to it or I may not get message.
    Did you ever get yours to connect to it? Did you find out any other solutions to getting it to connect?

7. pictone

pictone New Member

I have the exact same issue as isethruu62. The Incredible just sits there and says its pairing. My HTC Touch Pro 2 (Windows) worked with the XLink perfectly until I replaced it with the Incredible this week. I also just updated the XLink firmware, but I'm getting the same result.

When I first turn on bluetooth and tell the Incredible to seach for devices, it finds the XLink and brings up the screen to enter the pairing code. As soon as I enter the first zero "0", that screen disappears, and I get the error "paired but not connected".

Any ideas? Thanks.