• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid won't boot

nope, not rooted, not dropped (never), not wet
mebbe a power surge thru the charger??

I noticed a couple days ago it was acting wierd. Camera function kept opening on its own, but a reboot fixed that

Verizon will be sending a replacement under the 1 year warranty, but warehouse is empty today

Does anyone know how long the wait is...and likelihood of a rebuild or a new one?

Upvote 0
nope, not rooted, not dropped (never), not wet
mebbe a power surge thru the charger??

I noticed a couple days ago it was acting wierd. Camera function kept opening on its own, but a reboot fixed that

Verizon will be sending a replacement under the 1 year warranty, but warehouse is empty today

Does anyone know how long the wait is...and likelihood of a rebuild or a new one?

All the reports I have heard say there are a lot of new an refurb droids in the VZW system so I wouldnt think your wait will be long

Upvote 0
I am in the same boat. Warranty company is supposed to be contacting me when they find another Droid for me. They tried to give me a Devour as a comparable replacement and I laughed at them. No way. They are supposed to give equal or HIGHER value replacements. The guy said it shouldn't be more than two days so I'm hoping for tomorrow.

Upvote 0
My droid will only display:

Bootloader 2C.6C
Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Tried power off, removed the battery

if I power on or plug in I get the above

Is it dead?

Thanks,
Barry
I had the same issue with mine and was able to get it to boot from the hard reset screen. The hard reset mode will give you several different options. I choose the first least involved which was a simple reboot and everything returned back to normal. It also gives the option to wipe the device which may work if nothing else does.
link to instructions on how to do a hard reset.
How to Hard Reset a Motorola Droid | eHow.com

Upvote 0
I started it up yesterday and surprise........ it booted fine........ but it's flakey now. It starts typing on it's own and camera and volume buttons are activating sporadically.

The refurb also came yesterday, so at least it will be a bit easier to duplicate everything and I'll be able to wipe it before its return

Thanks all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones