Droid won't charge on wall chargers, fine on USB/car

1. jesup

jesup Member

My Droid 1 won't charge on the stock wall charger (3 tried), but charges on USB, car adapter and a different Motorola micro-USB charger (one without a removable cable).

After it failed to charge with the original charger, I started using USB and car, and got the other non-stock Motorola charger (which works, but slowly).

I recently bought two original stock chargers from Amazon. Neither will charge the phone. The cables and connection at the phone are good- plugging the USB into the computer works fine.

I assume it has something to do with the phone sensing circuit to find if it's plugged into a computer or a wall charger.

Ideas? Or do I need to invoke my insurance?

Advertisement
  2. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

maybe the wall wart is bad...does it charge other devices? Stupid question, but maybe your outlet is bad also...so many different issues could be here, so this is what I would suggest.

Switch wall outlets
    Try a different phone to ensure that the transformer on the charger is working
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

If the wall outlet you're using is not a "switched outlet" (one that is energized by a wall switch somewhere in the room), and is a good outlet, then I'd suspect the charger unit, especially given that the USB cable proves itself when plugged into a computer USB port.
  4. Mrwirez

Mrwirez Well-Known Member

Invoke Insurance! call Asurion and you will receive a D2Global.. I did yesterday. They offered me a new Eris, Droid 2 Global, or a refurbished. I just started a new thread about asurion above yours.. Good luck.
  5. jesup

jesup Member

I've now tried 3 chargers; 2 known good outlets. (When the first didn't work, I assumed it was bad.) Looks like it's the phone... D2 is newer... :) Motoblur I think... :-(