Droid X 2.2 Install

Last Updated:

1. dz93

dz93 Member This Topic's Starter

I did everything that every tutorial out there told me to do yet I can't manage to get Froyo installed on my droid x. It's rooted. I downloaded Bootstrapper and rom manager. I create a bootstrap recovery and wait for it to say sucess then in rom manager I click flash clockworkmod recovery and then click reboot into clockwork. I have the 2.2 update on my SD card on the root of it and it's named update.zip however the directions always tell me i can either choose the file manually or click apply update.zip from sdcard. I did both and both times all it said was finding packed installing package then went straight to replacing stock recovery with clockwork or something like that. Idc what it takes I will reformat my whole phone I just want 2.2 and other custom roms on my phone yet I seem to have been unable to do that. I'm not usually an idiot when it comes to stuff like this but for whatever reason I can't get anything to work right. Can someone walk me through what's needed to do this please?

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

i think you may be trying to install the newest froyo leak on op of 2.1 which is not possible.

if thats the case:
    -bootstrap
    -rom manager
    -download rom
    -stock images
    -back up and wipe
    -click ok, and let it go to work

-once you have that set up, then you can install 2.3.13 or not up to you. or just go with tranquility, flyx, or themes

3. dz93

I'm pretty sure I downloaded just the normal 2.2 from some wiki droid rooting page. It said how to install froyo 2.2 on stock rooted droid x and then gave the download. I'll try what you said but if that's not the case then what else could be wrong? I just want every possible view point of what could be wrong because I'm on a tight schedual today and need to get my phone on 2.2 soon so I'm not stuck doing this all day. I just wanna get it over with. And yes I know 2.2 for droid x is coming out hopefully later this month but I've already gone this far might as well update it to 2.2 on its own then go up to 2.3

4. dz93

Fixed. I'm now the proud owner of a Droid x running 2.2 with Tranquility. Thanks for the help I really do appreciate it.

5. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

no problem, glad i could help!