Droid X 2.2 vs Incredible 2.2 Quadrants scores...very similarGeneral

Last Updated:

1. JuicyJones

JuicyJones Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For those who don't know, a 2.2 leak for the Droid X leaked a week or 2 ago and Googling the Quadrant Scores looked pretty close to even. I've gotten as low as 1290 and as high as 1365, most of the Quadrant scores from the Droid X running 2.2 were pretty much in that same range. Seems as if Droid X just ran 2.1 more efficient than the Droid Incredible did.

Advertisement
  2. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

I've used a Droid X and my Droid Incredible side by side and the DInc ran smoother with no lags unlike the Droid X. Also, the screen was MUCH nicer on the DInc with the AMOLED screen.

I decided to keep the DInc.

3. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

I also installed the Froyo RRU on my DInc Saturday with no issues. I have also re-rooted it as well and love it. Have had no problems with the update but waiting to see if the battery drains any faster...

Jury is still out on that one.

4. Muerte_X

Muerte_X Well-Known Member

The Droid X on 2.1 did some weird thing with the I/O that inflated it's score. I wonder if 2.2 is doing the same thing.

Either they stopped using that "exploit" or the CPU didn't gain anything in the upgrade to 2.2 for the scores to be similar.

I call it an exploit because I've seen other phones use a method to boost their I/O scores like crazy to get higher scores. (i.e. My friend with an EVO just sent me a score of 2200 in quadrant, lol)

5. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

I think it is pretty safe to say that "user experience" should always trump quadrant scores. There is clearly no comparison between the Incredible on 2.1 vs. the X on 2.1 with the X being about double the quadrant of the Incredible.

I have played with several X's since the rollout and stock none of them have compared to Incredible for overall user experience. Of course this is my opinion and we all know that opinions vary, but I find the Incredible to be a much smoother and crisper experience.

IMHO, I think the quadrant scores are a little over exposed and don't mean a whole lot when you factor in all the things these phones do. Again, these are both GREAT phones and the scores are just bragging rights in my eyes.