Droid X/2 Overclock App - Easy & Noob friendly ;)

1. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the qr, but it doesn't work either. "There are no matches in the Android Market for the search: pname:com.jrummy.droidx.oveclock."

Running the original leaked 2.2 on my DroidX (with market fix). Not sure if that makes a difference.

Brian
  2. 92slammer

92slammer Well-Known Member

thats wierd...it showes up fine for me.....thats where i got mine...even though it doesnt work...lol
  3. sleepsafe

sleepsafe Well-Known Member

4. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

i got the same message. only thing i can think is i have the other OC app installed and maybe there is a conflict.
  5. 92slammer

92slammer Well-Known Member

i removed it before installing this one and same problem...im gonna remove setcpu then try to reinstall it
  6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Linpack score:

@ 1ghz:

@ 1.45 ghz:

19.721 mflops

I guess it's about right, then?
    saps likes this.
  7. igotgame

igotgame Well-Known Member

Whats this overclock going to do to the battery? I worry about prolonged damage too, but I could be worrying a little too much.

Probably really should have some presets as well.
  8. crboone

crboone Well-Known Member

Now that overclocking is going mainstream here with this plug-n-play method, would someone explain the advantages/disadvantages to using lower vs higher voltages (other than battery life)? Is it just a matter of finding a stable setting?

Also -- I'm just wondering how this app can produce stable presets after all of the tweaking and failures of the manual method. Or will the presets need to be tested on an individual basis as well? At least this makes it a snap to test.

~
  9. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yup, that looks legit to me. Im curious about your Pi numbers mind running that one too
  10. Android Al

Android Al Active Member

Version 1.0.3 was just released, and it fixed the "failed to install overclocking componets" bug.

I set it to 1.45 GHz and got a 1655 quadrant score (previous high was in the low 1400s). Not sure if I want to run it this fast for too long, but nice to know that the processor is capable of such things.
  11. igotgame

igotgame Well-Known Member

My phone seems to get hung up when I choose 1.45. Not sure sure the issue there. I tried 1.35 and it worked fine.
  12. Growler48

Growler48 Well-Known Member

How do you know what voltage settings to select? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

I assume you use "Set Scaling Frequencies" for real time testing, then "Set Frequencies at Boot" once you have a stable setup?
  13. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

for this application, start with the lowest setting on any given frequency, and if it isnt stable, bump it up. if it isnt stable on the highest, bump the frequency down, and start back at the lowest voltage and repeat.

yeah, once you find something that works, and you want it to survive a reboot, then you can go ahead and set frequencies at boot. until then, you just have to re-overclock every time you reboot.
  14. Growler48

What I meant on the voltages, is how do I select between Ultra Low, Low, Medium and High? I don't understand the pros/cons of each setting. Will definitely start slow and work my way up on the freqs!
  15. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

yeah, i meant voltages too. you want to start on the lowest setting. lower setting = better battery life. but, lower setting can also = unstable. you want to run the lowest setting you can without being unstable. i guess it also depends on what you want to accomplish. are you looking to save battery, or are you looking for better performance?

try 1.3 @ low. if it reboots, try 1.3 @ medium, and so on. if you arent stable, try moving down in frequency, then start again at low, and so on. if you are stable at 1.3, try moving to 1.35.

does that all make sense?
  16. Growler48

Thanks. Looking for better performance first, then will adjust based on battery consumption.
  17. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

My X is running smooth as silk using 1.3 at the low voltage setting. This app makes overclocking the X so easy I feel like I am cheating :cool:
  18. Pucuck

Pucuck Well-Known Member

Best I could do is 1.2ghz at low voltage. I'm running that on 2.2 OTA. Runs very nicely.
  19. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member

How well does this work with SetCPU autoscaling and profiles?
    Nice work BTW: for .99$ I bought it already =D
  20. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

21. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

so nice to have the ULV settings back. i missed the ULV kernels from my D1
  22. Mayze

Mayze Active Member

Stock 2.2 OTA and the best I can do is 1.1ghz. Anything higher makes my phone lag badly. Is there anything I can do to make it better?
  23. Y2HBK

Y2HBK Member

Why cant I find this on the marketplace? I just rooted my Droid X and no results show up using QR or searching.

*EDIT*

Just tried searching for this and using the QR on my g/fs Droid 1 and same result.
  24. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

it is no longer in the market. not sure why.
  25. Y2HBK

Y2HBK Member

Hmm - I just tried to install via AppBrain and it wont show up either. Lame.