1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Droid X/2 Overclock App - Easy & Noob friendly ;)

1. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

Jrummy may have pulled it for some reason or the market took it down. i am sure we will hear the reason soon.
  2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

its back in the market for those that need it.
  3. Raptor912

Raptor912 Well-Known Member

I have found my perfect setting after playing around with this for a while.
    1.25 GHZ with low voltage provides good speed and battery life for me.

I used SetCpu at Max 1250, Min 400

Benchmark Score- 1669
    MFLOPS- 18.091

Once I got to 1.35 GHZ or higher, I had to go to medium voltage.
  4. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

What do the setscaling max and min actually do in set cpu
  5. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

it sets how high or low the clockspeed can go.
  6. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

I'm a little jealous of everyone that can overclock their phones. Mine can't handle much at all. Maybe 1.15 on medium voltage. So instead of going with the small increase, I'm testing out the ulv settings at 1 ghz.
  7. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

Hm, I guess I got a lemon, on low voltage can't go above 1.15. Does anybody knows default voltage is similar to medium, high or low in this app?
  8. dmiller2007

Sounds like my phone. I'm thinking medium is the stock but I don't know for sure.
  9. Raptor912

Raptor912 Well-Known Member

That is a great question and would also like to know this.
  10. TRaGiK

TRaGiK Member

Sitting at 1.25 using the ulv setting. Been working great for the last 8 hours or so.
    1756 on quadrant and 17.404. Mflops on linpack.
  11. dmiller2007

How has the battery life been compared to stock?
  12. TRaGiK

TRaGiK Member

Really not too sure yet. I've been playing with the phone more today than I do on an average day, but it seems to be a little better. I'll know more in a few days.
  13. dmiller2007

Ah aight. I've been trying ulv too but haven't been using it consistently so I figured I'd see if you had been lol I'll keep testing it out.
  14. TRaGiK

TRaGiK Member

1.25 at ulv finally crashed the phone. Bumped it up to "low" voltage, and going to see how that does at 1.25.

If that doesn't work, I'll go down to 1.2 at ulv and see how that does.
  15. Y2HBK

Y2HBK Member

Yea I had to get a refund on this one. No matter what settings I tried no matter the voltage (and I started out small) the phone would lock and I had to FC the app. The app by Unstable works perfectly fine, however. ???
  16. igotgame

igotgame Well-Known Member

Running at low voltage...1.35 ghz...we'll see how it works out...18.5 mflops is much better than stock..we'll see how the battery does
  17. Dane186

Dane186 Member

IS there any way inside of the app to see what your current settings are?
  18. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

one of the first options in each section allows you to get the current settings.
  19. aldo

aldo Well-Known Member

What is stock? 1ghz at medium voltage right?
  20. faber78

faber78 Guest

i cant remember which one (i have both) of the oc apps had a short article about it on one of the droid info. sites.
    they stated that it offered the regular voltage, one below, and two over.

so id have to assume that the lowest is below stock, 2nd is stock, and the other two (medium and high or whatever) are above stock.
  21. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

I'm running 1.3 at high voltage. 1805 quadrant score. Running smooth no issues at this setting. It is stable at 1.4 at HV, but bumping to 1.45 the phone locks up. I will wait to see some feedback on any possible battery savings going with a lower voltage before I do bump the voltage down. I want my phone flying unless I know I'll be away from a power source for an extended time. It's nice to have such an easy option to OC/UC and change voltages though. Great app.
  22. riceman

riceman Member

is there any way to make my X run faster
    every time i try to set it above 1.5 ghz it lags!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  23. crboone

crboone Well-Known Member

I reached 1752 Quadrant at 1.3 lv and it seemed pretty stable (I ran Quad about 4x before it reached that level). Now I'm trying low/stock frequency at ulv to see if I notice any improvement to battery life (vs stock Froyo) tomorrow. Pretty nice being able to switch on the fly for different purposes. That is, unless it shortens CPU life...

~
  24. faber78

faber78 Guest

seems like quadrant did an update that kinda changed things?
  25. sezaro21

sezaro21 Well-Known Member

This app is no longer in the market anywhere. How messed up is that. I paid for the app and it bricked my phone. I had to SBF the phone in order to get it to work and when I went to redownload the app, it no longer there. I want my money back for this or either send me a link a that works. Where is everyone getting this app from. It's not on the appbrain market or the standard android market.