• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid X ADB Issue - Ubuntu

anaphora68

Apr 20, 2010
Philadelphia
Hi All -

Question. I am running into a weird issue with Ubuntu 10.0.4 and my Droid X. For some reason, I cannot get ADB to recognize the X.

Can anyone tell me if there is a config file I need to edit? I have tried everything imaginable.

And yes, I do have Win 7, but I want to be able to use Linux, it's personal preference. I have a laptop running Ubuntu that recognizes the X, is there a config file I need to copy?

Any help is appreciated...

Check if JDK is present in your system because ADB will not work without out. Also make sure you have updated the packages within your SDK.
If JDK is present in ubuntu and your packages are up-to-date place the SDK folder in your home directory so ADB will be easier access.

(username)@ubuntu:~$ android-sdk-linux_86/tools/adb devices

If the device still doesn't show up create a rules file.

sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/70.android.rules

Copy and paste to the file:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="22b8", MODE="0666"

Save and exit

Unplug your phone and plug it back it and search for adb devices again and hopefully your device shows up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones