Droid X and 1X signal?Support

Last Updated:

1. queenrocks77

queenrocks77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm getting my DX soon and have a question on how fast it is when in areas with 1x signal. I have a BB curve now and it is slow as hell. I travel a lot and don't always have a 3g signal in the smaller cities. Will the Droid render web pages faster than the curve in 1x or is it still painfully slow?

Advertisement
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

1x is slow for data no matter what. Use opera mini if you find yourself on 1x. It's way faster that other browsers on slow connections. Actually can make 1x near tolerable.

queenrocks77 likes this.
  3. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

The DroidX will render pages MUCH faster than 1x or 3G can provide. Rendering won't be the issue.

queenrocks77 likes this.
  4. queenrocks77

queenrocks77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On the BB if I try to scroll down before the page is fully loaded (waiting on images that I usually bail out on just so I can read the text) it usually freezes and requires a battery pull. Browsing is trial and error on this thing. If it won't load the page because it's too large I'll stop it so I can read most of the text. I guess what I meant was, is the DX better for impatient web surfers?

5. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

I've never once had to pull the battery from loading a web page. And I too sometimes stop to read text and not load big ads.

queenrocks77 likes this.
  6. C0n57an71n3

C0n57an71n3 Well-Known Member

1X is slow, no matter what. Battery pulls are typical of Blackberrys, not Android.

queenrocks77 likes this.
  7. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

You can be as impatient as you want. The pages will generally render pretty quickly (limited by your data speeds, of course) and only on the largest, packed, image-laden pages have I ever had any problems - and even then, it was rare, and a simple graceful closing of the browser.

Just had to re-launch the browser and keep on going.