Droid X and tethering on CricketSupport

Last Updated:

1. 5280Man

5280Man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I just picked up a Droid X and had it flashed to Cricket. The tethering option isn't working. Is it possible to get the tether to work on Cricket? What do I need to do? Root it? If it doesn't work, does that mean the phone is not rooted?

Advertisement
  2. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

Root it and install "Wireless tether for root users" from the market.

3. 5280Man

How do I root my Droid X? It may already be rooted, and if so, how do I know if it is? I downloaded an app that is supposed to get the tethering working but so far no luck.

4. 5280Man

I've been trying to get the tethering option on my Droid X to work on Cricket. I downloaded Droid tether with the latest apk and I enabled wifi encryption like instructed. No luck. I was told today that Cricket uses Proxy for the internet. What does that mean and is it true? Can that be giving me problems?

Thanks for your help guys!

5. runnnsymbol

runnnsymbol New Member

Could you tell me how you flashed your Droid X to cricket?

6. th3b055x

th3b055x Member

Pretty sure you have to set up your browser to connect to cricket's proxy. Go to Tools // Internet Options // Connections // LAN Settings // and enter wap.mycricket.com 8080

Off the top of my head, remember doing this with my Touch Pro back in the day, may of changed though, but worth a try

7. aptmusic

aptmusic New Member

I realize this is an older post but if you install pdanet an application available online and I think on android market you will be able to tether without root access. Whomever flashed your droid probably should have made the 3g hotspot app work as well.