1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Droid X and Thunderbolt lose 3G ConnectionSupport

1. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! Been awhile since I've been on the forums but I've honestly had such few problems in the past 4-5 months I haven't needed to ;)

I've noticed the past month or so I've been having a more consistent problem with my Droid X and my Thunderbolt. (Personal and work phones respectively). Maybe 4-5x a day I'm finding both phones will lose 3G connection and just show maybe 3-4 bars of service. I can still receive text messages and email during that time, but trying to send out anything such as texts, web searches, market accessing or any other apps accessing data seem to come back with a data connection error. The only fix I've found is to Power Down the phone fully and restart. Airplane mode on/off does nothing.

-I'm running the latest Gingerbread updates for both phones, non-rooted
    -Data savers have been disabled (thought maybe this was causing issues)

Any idea why this is occurring? I'm planning on getting the Bionic in a few weeks for my personal upgrade, however my work phone I NEED to be up and running without this nuisance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Well-Known Member

I have the Droid X also and been having alot of the same issues and all they as VZW is replacing it but so you know i am on my 2nd replacement and now having a overnighted droid x2 sent to me which should be here today. I dont know if it is the gingerbread issue or vzw network issue but they seem to tell me they have been having alot of this from the droid x.
    I have not got a real answer to my question but i would be talking to a VZW CS now and let them know whats going on. and so you know also the new build isnt helping either
  3. PetiePal

Well I actually HAVE another Droid X-2 I could replace the X with but since I will likely go with the Bionic I've been holding off. Just super annoying and it's usually not in low signal areas or anything.
  4. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

I don't know about the Thunderbolt, but when you say "the latest Gingerbread" on the Droid X, do you mean 596 or 602? There was a recent update for the Droid X that updates the radio software and (from what we can tell) fixes that problem.
  5. PetiePal

I just checked and indeed did not have the 602 update. Updating now and we'll see if that helps any!