1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

DROID X and WiFi QuestionSupport

1. pandawatch410

pandawatch410 Member

I just purchased my Droid X yesterday and I cannot seem to get on my network at work. We have DHCP turned off on our Network and use static IP's. Is there any way to handle this on the android platform? Everytime I try to login to the network it gets to the obtaining address part and fails.

Advertisement
    :
  2. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

I always try going into airplane mode then coming out of it. If this doesn't work I would think that it's something to do with wifi compatibility
  3. T66T

T66T Well-Known Member

go to the advanced settings in the wifi settings menu and use static ip
  4. sanjeeva7

sanjeeva7 Well-Known Member

It's 2010 why is your company using static IP's? Are you all running servers? It is much easier to use reserved DHCP.
  5. pandawatch410

pandawatch410 Member

Well, to be honest I am DBA/Business Analyst and our other IT person has limited network experience as well so the static IP's have just been very easy for us to maintain and we have had no problems so why switch.

We do have 10 open DHCP slots, but I am still having problems. I went into Airplane mode and tried to connect and got nothing. Is that what you were suggesting?
  6. jdk33

jdk33 Well-Known Member

I'd suggest installing an application called 'alogcat' which will allow you to view system logs. If you take a look at the logs it may have more info as to what the problem is.
  7. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

I know this may sound silly, but is there another device using your IP? If you have a PC on the same network, try to ping the address your trying to use for your phone.