• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help droid x app problem drain bat

So i notice my battery dies WAY to fast on this phone. My friend told me to download an application killer so i did. I press it they close out. But then slowly 1 by 1 they all start to re-open. Why are applications running in the back round that i didn't click on? And how can i stop them all from launching. It's rather annoying having my battery die quick because somethings on that i didn't turn on. Please someone tell me how to fix this problem?

For one, most people on this board will tell you that task killers arent needed at all. I cant personally attest to this however since I dont use one. But I do know that the only way to really get rid of some of these things running is to delete them and if they are a verizon/motorola install, then you will need to root to delete them. For the most part though, things running in the background arent affecting your battery that much from what Ive experienced. You can see what is affecting your battery if you click on battery manager. This will give you an idea of what you need to delete (if you root) to get better battery life. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
get the system panel app. it shows a % of how much battery each app you have is using. APP KILLERS DONT DO ANYTHING. turn off your gps unless you use it frequently, which people dont, and turn off your wifi. if you dont have a signal, wifi will kill your battery. and if you only check your mail a few times a day, turn off your data sync. you can go a step farther and make a custom battery saver mode to completely turn data off during certain hours...like when your sleeping. before i made these changes i was getting 4-8 hours of battery at a time. now i get at least a day with HEAVY USE. i mean ive spent 12 hours downloading roms and themes and everything i can think of and getting 24 hours. with regular use...easily 2+ days.

Reactions: HVAC1447
Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice guys. I will give it a shot. And yeah i keep wifi n gps off unless i need it. I also have the screen brightness turned WAY down because i don't really look at my phone outdoors in direct sunlight for too long... and when im inside about 30% is good brightness level.

Also just recently i ran into another problem. With the camera I can't control what part of the picture gets in focus by tapping on the screen in that area. Is this feature only available in a certain mode?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones