Droid X... Attempts to overshadow...?!

Last Updated:

1. Poseidon126

Poseidon126 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I have noticed over the past 3 or so months, during commercials or before a movie starts in a theatre, that their have been commercials for Droid phones... Not one of them were advertising the X. Several were for the Evo 4g, the Droid Incredible, Fascinate and even the Droid 2. But I swear I have not seen a commercial advertising the Droid X.

Is something going on here? Are they trying to make Droid X phones obsolete?! I feel like they are advertising phones that are imo slightly inferior to the X.

Someone help me understand this please.

Seriously, a friend of mine saw my phone, he is a recent Droid buyer (Has the Droid 2) and honest to god, he said to me verbatim "What kind of Droid is that?" He was literally taken a back by the existence of my phone.

Advertisement
  2. 07stealth350z

07stealth350z Well-Known Member

I see plenty of X commercials. The one showing off the Wi-fi hotspot feature. The one showing off the lookout app with the X. NFL commercials involing the X's NFL app. And when the phone was 1st released, I saw an X commercial where it appears as if futuristics astronauts discover an X locked away in an underground vault. So that makes 3 Verizon Droid X commercials, and 1 NFL commercial with the Droid X. I will say though, that currently/today, I do see less and less of these X commercials while the Droid 2 and HTC commercials are still occuring.

3. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Well for one thing the Droid X sold so damn well they really didn't need to throw a bunch of money away on advertising. They are probably happy enough with the sales to date that they're spending their advertising dollars (of the phones mentioned above, only the Droid 2 is made by Motorola, the rest are HTC phones) on their less popular phones, trying to move them as well.

If you had a steady line of people coming to your door all day long every day to buy lemon-aid, you wouldn't worry too much about paying for a billboard sign to stick out front saying, "buy your lemon-aid here", now would you?

4. SacNutz

SacNutz Well-Known Member

I saw a really bad ass commercial before Jackass 3D.

5. rdillz

rdillz Well-Known Member

You must not watch football! The Droid X rules football Sunday. Commercials and even the half time show, they had a DX on a huge screen in the background.

6. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I saw a commercial for the X at a movie about a month or so ago

7. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Nope, and if you also sold coffee but nobody bought it, you might put the billboard up that says, "Hey, we also sell coffee!"

8. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Yeah I see Droid X commercials every where. I feel like it is the only Droid I see in commercials anymore, well I see a lot of Incredible commercials as well.

Rarely see Fascinate commercials, even more so on Droid 2 commercials.

9. hahaha what

hahaha what Well-Known Member

why does the droid x need commercials. it was sold out for like the 3 months following launch

10. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Vzw has been rocking the Incredible commercial non stop the last 2 weeks...I haven't really seen any X commercials lately...but there's no need, they sell like hot cakes.

11. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

i used to see the driod x commercial alot but now it's the incredible

12. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

I agree, outside the NFL application commercial that Verizon runs all day and night on Sunday's which has the X on it, but does not really say buy the X I have not seen any lately. However I see a couple Inc commercials each night. Which tells me two things, there is already enough demand for the inventory of the X's that they do not need to advertise it, and since the X has come out no one wants the Inc, so they have to advertise. Bottom line is; commercials will get you in the store, but if you saw the X next to the Inc, would you still get the Inc????

13. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Nope haha :D

14. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

I've seen plenty of X commercials during the MLB playoff games the past few weeks. Also before each game they announce that the game is sponsored by droid x. I've also seen plenty of inc commercials too.