• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X battery readings

Piiman

Android Expert
May 28, 2010
Does everyone's battery on th eX only show changes in 10's. What I mean is mine only goes down or up by 10 its either 100,90,80,70, etc it never 71 or 83 or any thing like that I'm thinking they have a bug in it because it also reports unplug time wrong. I had it unplugged all night and it said it was only unplugged for 53 minute. Weird

Yeah i have this issue to and i hope to see it fixed with the update on monday. I also read an article somewhere i wish i could find it again i would post it for you...but it basically said that these batteries need conditioning and it takes 1 to 2 weeks to get the battery conditioned right and that after that you will see excellent battery life.

Upvote 0
I've charged mine from zero to 100% twice now and I can tell a difference of life between each time. So I would assume thats its gonna keep getting better and plateu. I've also noticed that my battery charge indicator light has not worked since the first charge. Anyone else notice that no lights come on while charging?

Upvote 0
Yeah i have this issue to and i hope to see it fixed with the update on monday. I also read an article somewhere i wish i could find it again i would post it for you...but it basically said that these batteries need conditioning and it takes 1 to 2 weeks to get the battery conditioned right and that after that you will see excellent battery life.

I don't think Li-ion batteries have memory/need conditioning. What we are more likely seeing is the effect of the "set-up" stage of the phone where we are on it non-stop doing power-intensive tasks; 1-2 weeks later we have the phone all set up and it just sits there idling for half the day.

Upvote 0
Does everyone's battery on th eX only show changes in 10's. What I mean is mine only goes down or up by 10 its either 100,90,80,70, etc it never 71 or 83 or any thing like that I'm thinking they have a bug in it because it also reports unplug time wrong. I had it unplugged all night and it said it was only unplugged for 53 minute. Weird

Mine reports in 10% increments as well. On the battery usage screen if it's only showing unplugged for 53 minutes and seems stuck hit the menu button and then hit refresh and that should fix it...

Upvote 0
Using BatteryLife widget by CurveFish and noticed that too. Eris showed every step 100 to 0. Hope the update corrects this too.

Anyone notice the charging animation! Turn off your DX before hooking up to charge. Battery icon with the level sloshing back and forth like a liquid. Cool, but it's only in portrait so it's sideways in the desk dock.

Yeah my battery graph looks like a stairway. Flat then BAM 10% down (or up) then flat then BAM another 10% drop. It's not a real problem as the battery is lasting fine its just seems bugged.

My animation stays on but I have no LED indicating a charge is in progress or completed. I seem to remember one the first time I plugged it in but no more. At least it still charges :)

We have a update coming Monday right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones